Recorder to record phone conversations...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by offthahook, Aug 9, 2004.

1. offthahook

offthahook New Member

You know, someone is being a chump on the phone. Voice mail is obviously saved, but I need something to actually record both ends of a conversation. Voice activated would be teh cool. I'm not concerned about consent laws and what not; I'm looking for hardware recommendations for a recorder. Not a 007 looking thing that I hide under my overcoat collar. Maybe something that could be placed inline or plugged in the wall to record conversations. The ones I looked up looked like you had to hold them up to the phone or sumin' like that. Not trying to catch Osama or anything, just need to get some stuff on a tape that is audible. Hook me up. :cool:

2. willson13

willson13 New Member

They're all rather expensive. I know for a fact RadioShack has one because 1) I just looked, and 2) the one that I have I purchased at RadioShack. It runs for about a hundred bucks. Go Froogle "Phone Cassette Recorder" and see what happens.

3. JwM

JwM Guest

[​IMG]
    all you need is a telephone pickup. (that is what it says on it anyways.)

Got it for like 5 bucks at a Radio Shack, prolly could find one online. It's just a suction cup/pickup on one end, and a mic jack on the other. Works fine with the PC, get a good recording software (tried it with sound recorder at first, it blows) but anyway, you could also just plug it into a tape recorder, but I prefer to be able to make em into CD's.

Found.
    http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?cookie%5Ftest=1&catalog_name=CTLG&product_id=44-533