COMIC Record of Lodoss War

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Azn Bed Rocka, Feb 6, 2003.

1. Azn Bed Rocka

Azn Bed Rocka made from SCRATCH

I hear this is pretty good, but when I went to go check it out there was one version with 2 DVDs 13 episodes and one with 4 DVDs with 27 episodes. Im not sure on which one to start first? Can anyone point me in the right direction:dunno: thanks

2. Tikiman

Tikiman The Internet has left me in despair.

The 13 episode one comes first, then the other. I have the first set and it is pretty darn good. I havent seen the second, but I hear that is pretty just like a longer, more drawn out version of the first.

3. Get Berserk instead, that series > Lodoss. (I have both)

4. Mega-JC: Da Return

Mega-JC: Da Return Tiger Knee!

I think the 13 ep set is the OVA, first half of it is a retelling of the series and second half intro to new characters and quest. The 27 ep is the aired series. Someone plz plz correct me if I'm wrong.

5. I Are Azn

I Are Azn Legends have no aftermarket!

The 13 ep one is the OAV like everyone said. It came originally came out back in the late 80s early 90s i think. They are both set in the same universe but thats about it. Storywise they bear almost no relation.

Warning depending on which one you decide to watch first will alter your opinions about the other.

I saw the OAV one first and loved it, then I saw the tv one and felt it was a mockery of the OAV. Storyline was changed which I'll try not to ruin. The OAV one is older so don't expect it to be all purty with shiny colors, OAV had better artwork (more realistic look like Vampire hunter D:Bloodlust) the TV one has shiny colors but artwork wise looks cheap compared to the OAV.

IMO the worst thing the TV one did was trying to pick up where the OAV left off and adding new charactors who took over their predecessors roles.

The TV one has Super deformed comedy clips at the end of every EP (funny yes but I hope you don't watch it just to see these parts).

Also Berserk is another good series but US release isn't finished yet. Berserk more Conanish and Lodoss more Lord of the ringish.

Hope that helps