Recommendations on new phone?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by trouphaz, Aug 25, 2008.

1. trouphaz

trouphaz New Member

I'm currently with T-Mobile with no contract. I'm looking for a new phone and want to switch away from TMO. What is a good phone that works well making calls as well as web browsing? The iPhone looks pretty good, though the current crop of complaints and buggy firmware releases has me skeptical. What other phones are good candidates? I've got to carry a Blackberry 8703e for work (god, I hate that phone). I can browse the web with it, but it is pretty painful.

2. trouphaz

trouphaz New Member

Thanks. I always forget about Opera Mini. I just installed it on my 8703e to try it out and so far I like it, though I've got to get used to it a bit. I hate this phone though and the scroll wheel is horrible for anything other than scrolling up and down in an email. The newer ball interface is so much better.

3. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

Curve 8310 w/Sprint & Opera.

4. trouphaz

trouphaz New Member

I'm using opera mini 4.1 on my 8703e and it is so much better than the built in browser. I definitely want a different phone still though.
    I'm avoiding Sprint like the plague though. I've heard good things about their EV-DO but not about their service in my area. Plus, who knows what will happen to them with them losing customers like a sinking ship.

5. The R-ruh

The R-ruh OhMyWhat?!?!

Sprint's Curve is the 8330. It's the best phone I've ever owned :bigthumb:

6. Bish

Bish New Member

Get the dare. That's what I'm getting in like 4 days. The texting works great and the camera is amazing. For some reason those fucks over at apple won't let you text in landscape mode on the iphone.
    ...They're fucks. :ugh2:

But seriously, the dare has a nice interface and the responsiveness is very decent. It may not be as nice as the iphone but it has more features and is also on verizon which is way better than att. :hsd: