A&P Recommendations on digital camera for business

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by cassetti, Jan 19, 2007.

1. cassetti

cassetti New Member

Hi all!

Now granted, what i'm looking for is a bit lower end than what many of you would use. But nevertheless, I think this would be the best place to get suggestions.

Our company is a small 3rd party supporter and reseller of used data storage equipment. We are a small business, but our camera has seen better days. Its a kodak 2megapixel digicam - that has the worst LCD i have EVER seen on a camera! (thats pretty bad considering i had the original fuji finepix 1megapixel camera - the first 1mp digicam from fuji ever made lol - and that had a better LCD on it)

I have been telling them we need a new digicam for taking pictures of equipment so that we can sell it (and for taking decent quality pictures for marketing materials when we can not use royalty free images).

My budget is up to $700, according to one of my bosses, however I want to spend closer to $300 and spend the rest on setting up a partial photo studio for taking the pictures of the units (we are 3rd party and can not use mfg images for our store and such)

What would you all suggest - We are only allowed to buy new cameras, new old stock is fine, but used cameras are out of the question.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you have

2. bntboz

bntboz ACME user text OT Supporter

Canon SD630

3. 19Godfather86

19Godfather86 New Member

Canon A-series.