Recommendations of corded optical mouse?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by mixwell, Aug 3, 2006.

1. mixwell

mixwell weakkutz

I need of a mouse because the one I have was some $5 microsoft mouse I bought a VERY long time ago. It's starting to get bad and hurts my gameplay at times when I'm playing games like World of Warcraft.

I hear mouse these days are very good and can make a big difference in your overall experience using your computer and gaming. Thing is, I'm not sure what the differences are in all these mices I've been looking at.

I hear the higher the dpi, the better? Other than that, I'm not sure what you're really paying for. I'm no hardcore gamer, but I would really like a mouse that wouldn't give me any problems while playing. A friend recommend me this mouse, because he could get it at this job for a discounted price.

http://www.compusa.com/products/pro..._desc|0&product_code=333696&Pn=G5_Laser_Mouse

Thought I'd ask the OT community here. Would a mouse like that be too much for me? Just not sure if I needed all that "power" in a mouse. Basically need the basic functions (mouse click 1/2, mouse scroll) which is all I really use. The little addition features on a mouse would be nice I guess, but not needed.

BTW, I am specially looking for a corded optical mouse. Don't want a cordless one because of how much battery it eats up.

2. Doc Brown

Doc Brown Don't make me make you my hobby

That is an exceptional mouse.

If you can get it at a decent deal, then go for it.

Otherwise, it sounds like a normal Logitech would do just fine for you.

And for a lot less money.

3. mixwell

mixwell weakkutz

Yeah just got done seraching up some reviews. Seems like you can get it from newegg $47. I can actually get it from my friend for $49. Retail price is suppose to be set at $70, so I'm not sure if I'm actually getting a deal. It does have a 3 year warrenty on it though, which does sound nice. I'm really looking to buy a mouse that will last me for at least a few years and won't have any problems. Though I am thinking about getting a regular logitech mouse. I'm just not sure how much of a difference I'll feel from a regular mouse compared to the G5

4. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

I wouldn't bother with the adjustable weights. I'd rather go for the cordless version of that mouse, or save money and buy the non-adjustable corded version.

5. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

G5 or MX518.

I've got the 518 and it's all I use

6. c019552

c019552 New Member

Dont buy a wireless mouse, most gamers hate them. I have the G5 and love it, I recommend that.

the G15 keyboard would be a good buy as well for WoW

7. Nefarious77

Nefarious77 Guest

8. deusexaethera

What's wrong with wireless mice? I game with one and I love it. I DO use Energizer Lithium AA's in it, though, so it runs for about four months on a single set of batteries.

I love Energizer Lithium AA's.

9. c019552

c019552 New Member

Yeah like I said some gamers love wireless and go all wireless, others hate wireless, I guess its just a personal choice. I myself hate wireless because I've had nothing but problems with it.

As for the G15 keyboard I bought my through dell for 50$ when they were having there 10days of sales.

10. et3rnul

et3rnul OT Supporter

Sometimes I had interference issues with a wireless keyboard and mouse I tried. Went back to corded. It really is a matter of preference.

I have the G5, and I love it. It's very precise and fits well in my hand.

11. -=S3xyR4bbit=-

-=S3xyR4bbit=- New Member

All my fiance and I use is the Logitech mx300. Its cheap, fits nicely in my and his hands and we both play a lot of games.

12. -=S3xyR4bbit=-

-=S3xyR4bbit=- New Member

Oh and I have carpal tunnel and this is the best one for that I've found yet.

13. Deevan

Deevan Active Member

Logitech MX510 FTW! Best bang for the buck. If you can't find that MX518 will work.

14. PrinzII

PrinzII New Member

Logitech Trackman Wheel (Optical) owner here. I have had it for more than 5 years and never had a whit of trouble out of it.

15. keleko

keleko yes, he is

MS Intellimouse Optical 1.1A

5 buttons, never gives a problem, no lag compared to wireless

:ftw:

16. deusexaethera

The best cure I've found for carpal tunnel is the Logitech Trackman that Prinz mentioned. The trackball really cuts down on irritating wrist motion.

17. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

I disagree. The trackball makes it worse because it's all wrist side-to-side motion.

With a traditional mouse, the arm moves... not the wrist.

18. Smork

Smork Active Member

MX518 ftw