Recommendations 13W6V2 or 10W7

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by BacardiO, Jun 15, 2005.

1. BacardiO

BacardiO OT Supporter

Gonna get a new sub....i have a JL 500/1 amp and im trying to decide weather to run a 10W7 or a 13W6V2. both have peak performance at 500W according to the JL audio charts....i used to have 3 10W6 so im not new to the JL audio market, only subs/amp ive owned for the past 5 years and i love them. some side info on the car....90 celica non-hatchback, i listen mostly to hip hop, reggae, reggaeton, R & B........i like my bass clean and hard.....and very very LOUD. I know its not gonna be the same as 3 10W6s, but i wanna see what other car audio gurus have to say about this. Thanks for the input :wiggle:

2. veonake

veonake OnT poster, OT lurker

I'm going to guess the 13w6v2 will be louder, and the 10w7 will be slightly cleaner. It seems the w7 just handles gobs of power. You won't go wrong either way. Have you listened to both before? That's the best way to make the decision.

3. BacardiO

BacardiO OT Supporter

havent listened to either. Talked to the tech guy at Sound Advice, pretty much told me the same thing, ill probably make a stop at the store and have a listen. thanks for the input

4. XR250rdr

XR250rdr OT Supporter

veonake has made a good point. Go listen to both and choose the one you like better.

What are you doing with the 10W6's? Mine broke and I'd like to get another one in good shape.

5. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

the reviews i've seen on the w6v2s have been great, i'd probably go with the 13, given more cone surface, plus it would probably allow more efficient performance from your 500/1 and better output than the 10w7.

6. BacardiO

BacardiO OT Supporter

They gave out, with the florida heat and as hard as i ran them....finaly gave out, not too shabby for having them 5+ years

7. johnson

johnson New Member

I want some Bacardi O.