A&P Recommend wireless color laser printer for home use?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by itchypony, Sep 18, 2008.

1. itchypony

itchypony New Member

Does anyone have any experience with a wireless color laser printer for home use? I'm trying to help out my uncle. I don't want inkjet because he'll probably only print something once in a great while. He wants wireless so he can network his laptop and desktop pc.

tia

2. kristin

kristin my dog > *

Don't know anything about printers, but he doesn't necessarily have to get wireless if he wants to network it with the desktop and the laptop.. Just hook it up to the desktop and share it on the network

3. dmora

dmora Guest

Most industrial strength laser printers are network printers and there for you can just plug them into a WiFi router.

4. dmora

dmora Guest

if he's only printing once in a while, inkjet is the way to go. Laser is if you're printing reams of prints because the ink lasts longer in terms of prints/refill.

5. itchypony

itchypony New Member

Not true. Inkjets dry up quickly with little use. Laser uses toner/powder which does not dry up and clog print heads. Speaking from personal experience.

6. itchypony

itchypony New Member

He doesn't want to have to be plugged in when he's using his laptop out in the kitchen or whatever -- that's why he wants wireless.

7. kristin

kristin my dog > *

It wouldn't be plugged into the laptop - just the desktop. :dunno:

8. FlashhslaF

FlashhslaF New Member

Hook up the printer with the Desktop and Share the Printer. It'll work the same way as if it was wireless. The only reason he'll need wireless is if he has only one PC (laptop) in the house. Even then there are cheaper solutions, namely network printer which you can connect directly in to the router.

Wireless is a waste of money, unless you want your printer in a location where you can't run a enet cable or is not next to the router.

The only thing is the Desktop would have to be ON for him to be able to print.

9. dmora

dmora Guest

if you're talking about going months at a time between prints then the best thing to do is just email them to a printhouse.