WEB recommend some web developers?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by DnA02, Aug 13, 2007.

1. DnA02

DnA02 Hey, how YOU doin?! OT Supporter

i have an idea i would like to look into more for a website but i dont know any website developement companies

can anyone reccommend me some companies who specialize in developing large scale websites? by large scale i mean heavy data loads, extensive categories that can be filtered, possibility of thousands of users on at one time, hopefully hundreds of thousands.:wiggle:

2. Nakon

Nakon Guest

you have the next digg or slashdot?

3. DnA02

DnA02 Hey, how YOU doin?! OT Supporter

i honestly dont know, lol. i just thought of the idea yesterday and so far in my mind it seems like a pretty good idea and i havent come across it yet on the internet. im just tossing the idea around in my head at the moment and would like to see what kind of costs i might be facing

4. drpepper

drpepper Active Member

you're looking of costs in to the thousands. maybe even hundreds of thousands. look for venture capitalists.

5. Rawrsome

Rawrsome RAWR

Yeah... don't listen to this guy.

There is no reason to seek out venture capital. Find some smaller development outfits and get some quotes. Work from there. You don't need to plan for hundreds of thousands of users yet. You can always shut down registration and such if it grows way too fast. At that point, that's a GOOD problem to have.

You are probably looking in the low x,xxx to start with, depending on your idea, but it could be low xx,xxx. If you can afford it, bootstrap and just use your own money. If that's not possible, find people to invest that don't want 50% of your company. Family, friends, etc.

Find some small entrepreneurial developers that will really sink into your idea and explain it in detail to them. Get a quote and decide your next move. For example... www.lesseverything.com or www.sidebarcreative.com

6. drpepper

drpepper Active Member

yea because everyone has $xx,xxx to invest in a project that probably wont succeed. :ugh:

7. Rawrsome

Rawrsome RAWR

Way to read my post and ignore the part where I suggest how that can be managed.

First of all, low xx,xxx can very easily be financed by a credit line. Yes, that isn't the safest route, but people do it, and succeed, all the time. No risk, no reward.

Second, if you can't convince the people that trust you most to invest in your idea (and you, really), good luck getting anyone else to.

In addition, what type of venture capitalist is looking for am xx,xxx investment at the ground level? Seriously, try reading some investment blogs and look at the numbers. At best he would be able to find an angel investor, which is basically the same as borrowing from people you know in terms of the investment structure.

You gave misinformed advice and are steering him in a direction he should not, and at this stage, CAN not, go.

8. pkr

pkr Guest

Link to portfolio/website?