Recommend me some speakers/components

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by damaja, Dec 20, 2007.

1. damaja

damaja New Member

I have a 99 Honda Prelude with a factory system.

For christmas, i am getting a Stilleto 2 from Sirius and Pioneer DEH-P6900UB.

Now i need to get some info on what kind of speakers, amps, and tweeters i should be looking at.

I don't need something loud, something clean that sounds good and decent bass. I am too old to have something thumping.

any suggestions?

2. damaja

damaja New Member

hellooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

3. tjamz

tjamz New Member

Are you using stock locations for speakers or are you building custom kickpanels/a-pillars/etc..? If you are using stock, I'd look at Zapco I-Force series speakers & amplifiers (heck, even coaxials would probably be fine if you aren't looking for imaging/staging and are just looking to upgrade to better speakers.) These are my favorite entry level speakers (if you can call them that....entry level for Zapco, but MSRP is still around $135 for 6.5" coax's and $350 for a pair of 6.5" components. Yes, you can find them cheaper, though I'd advise against buying Zapco online, unless from them direct, as they do not warranty anything purchased from the net.), not necessarily what you or others will like. I'd strongly recommend listening to as many different speakers as you can....in cars similar to yours. If you want a decent little subwoofer, for a little added kick, try RE Audio RE8's or 10's in a ported enclosure. Very nice sounding stuff for the money.

4. TroubleMan

TroubleMan New Member

JL's entry level equipment is good. And the product is on Ebay all day.

check out JLAUDIO.com

5. tjamz

tjamz New Member

You're kidding....right?

6. TroubleMan

TroubleMan New Member

He want's product that's decent. He's NOT looking to compete in the IASCA finals

7. Ronin

Ronin Guest

:hsugh:

8. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

$135 for some zapco coax is not really out of line with any of the big name brand entry level products. kicker and alpine type s go for $99. Rockford is right about $100 as well. an extra $35 shouldn't be that big of a deal...that said, i know about zapco's reputation, but have no idea how they sound.

9. tjamz

tjamz New Member

Yeah, the $135 is ok, the $350 for the "entry level" components is more what I was referring to, and I put the Coax price in there as well so the OP wouldn't think I meant $350 for some coax's

10. tjamz

tjamz New Member

I know.