GUN RECOMMEND ME A SCOPE

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by njftw, Nov 4, 2008.

1. njftw

njftw New Member

like the title says... i need ideas for a scope now that it is election day

i have an Eotech on my 6920, but I need more of a distance factor for my M1A... for now all I have is the iron sights.

What does WoMD recommend??

Also, anyone know of a place that stocks M1A side scope mounts in the Houston area???

2. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

for a 308 either a trijicon accupoint 3x9 mildot if you want to shoot out to 600. You will need some sort of short range optic such as a jpoint on a side mounted burket mount for the under 100 yard stuff.

If you want something that would be good from point blank out to 400 yards then the trijicon accupoint 1x4 TR21r. Dialed down to 1.25x it is awesome for the short range targets. As fast as a red dot scope. Dialed up to 4x it is good for 8" plates out to 400 yards.

3. njftw

njftw New Member

Damn, the 1x4 TR21r sounds about perfect

4. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

You forgot to mention price, and what kind of stuff you are going to be mentioning.

M1A's aren't the easiest thing to slam optics aboard due to the mounting situation (or lack thereof). Good mounts are expensive (Sadlak, SEI, ARMS), but about are the only things that work.

5. njftw

njftw New Member

Yeah. The price range of the TR21r is roughly what I'm looking to spend on a scope, I don't compete so it is for everything other than that haha. A little more and it's fine, a little less and its all good as well... as for the mounts, I was probably going to try out the SA 3rd Gen. Scope mount http://www.springfield-armory.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=338

So, I'm all ears for ideas on that as well..