Recommend me a new routine v.3daysplit

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by RBales, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RBales

RBales New Member

First off, thanks to F&N for helping me get my shit in line. I stopped working out after I graduated high school (stopped playing hockey at a high level) but I started back up again about a year ago and I feel great. Right now my stats are at a pretty lean (I'd say probably 15% bf) 155-160 pounds (I'm 5'8"), which is a size I like. I was at 190 at probably the same bf % when I was playing in high school, and it took a lot of time to maintain those figures, time I don't have now that I'm about to write my senior thesis paper.

Now, onto my routine. I've been doing a slow cut with the modified Bill Starr routine, which I love, but I feel that I've developed enough of a strong base to try some new stuff. I'm basically looking just to maintain size but continue to build strength.

Also, I love doing all the big, compound lifts in the modified Starr, so I'd like to keep doing those, (maybe just add in a couple of isolation exercises?) and I'd like to keep the routine at a 3 day split (I can do four) because I like to do cardio (mainly hockey :bigthumb:)on the days I don't lift.

As far as diet goes, I've pretty much got it locked down. I have weird reactions to whey (and I just prefer eating solid food) so I'm not taking any supplements, and I'd like to keep it that way. I usually get between 1800 and 2200 calories per day and always over my 160g of protein. Also, I eat EXTREMELY clean, so that's not an issue.

Any advice F&N?

:bowdown:

2. Memor

Memor Active Member

3. RBales

RBales New Member

that looks pretty interesting, though it seems to be geared more toward competitive athletes and people looking to put on muscle mass, of which I am neither. The exercises are interesting though, compound like I wanted. Might have to give that one a try

4. benny196

benny196 New Member

That is what I'm on.

5. RBales

RBales New Member

how do you like it? It looks both heavy and fast, which are two things i'm looking for in a routine

6. wtf

wtf New Member

7. K20Z3

K20Z3 New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.