recommend me a good overclocker socket 754 mobo v.ECScanblowme

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by borborygmus, Nov 17, 2005.

1. borborygmus

borborygmus Guest

I have some shit ass ecs motherboard with a fucked up network card. The only thing I like about it is the fact that it has the nForce 3 chipset. I am going to RMA this board and sell the return one on ebay or something

specs the new board needs to fit into
    socket 754 (have AMD 3100+ proc)
    4x/8x agp (have 9800xt video)
    pc3200 ram (2x 512mb chips)
    ATX form factor

I want something that can take full advantage of the processor. I had it running at 250mhz core clock (2.25ghz) and it wasn't even breaking a sweat. Other people have OC'd this chip to about 2.5 no problem.

I am thinking about this board here, I have heard a few good things about it...
    EPoX EP-8KDA3+PRO Socket 754 NVIDIA nForce3 250Gb ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

what do you guys think? :dunno:

2. threeclaws

threeclaws R.I.P.

DFI/Asus/etc.

Just pick up a NF3 board and you should be fine.

3. borborygmus

borborygmus Guest

4. threeclaws

threeclaws R.I.P.

Epox is fine as far as I'm concerned, I've had a couple of their boards and they were fine, I just pointed to DFI/Asus because DFI is THE overclocking board(s) and Asus is close but considered to be more reliable and easier to use (this is what I've seen from the NF4 boards I've never bothered to research the NF3 stuff.)

I still think ECS is fine for basic systems (my dad has been running one for 2 yrs now without a hitch) as long as the surrounding components aren't crap but, I would never try to overclock with one :mamoru:

5. borborygmus

borborygmus Guest

I haven't had problems with the overclocking, just the craptacular network card :sad2: