recommend me a good off the shelf scratch/swirl removed and wax for my car...

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by tommyortom, Jul 27, 2005.

1. tommyortom

tommyortom New Member

i have a 99 malibu with 90000 miles, and i think it looks pretty good still. its a weird metallic grey/green color....i really hate it and i think its a bitch to keep clean...

anyways...ive always waxed it with a 10 " (i think) orbital power waxer with some turtle wax crap from autozone...but im up to trying something new, something over the shelf that is found at most auto stores

it was a few scratches and alot of swirls on it that id like to try to remove. then i want a good wax for this specific color..do metallics matter?

anyways..heres the color....

[​IMG].

2. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

Been awhile since I've been in Pepboys or simliar to shop.

Most products from 3M and Meguiar's Pro line are pretty good. Meguiar's has a few new lines out that I'm not familiar with though. The ones I remember are Meguiar's #9 SMR and 3M's SMR.

For a wax just stick with the major brands. Think you can get Meguiar's NXT locally and it seems a lot of people like them. Mother's has some nice waxes and the ones from them I've used have been pretty easy to work with.

3. tommyortom

tommyortom New Member

i picked up a mothers wax and clay kit...man does claying really make a difference! good 14 dollar investement!

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

If you have a lot of swirls, they are going to be hard to remove by hand with retail level products. Meguiars Speed Glaze #80 or Poorboy's SSR2.5 are products you can order on line that are about as aggressive as you can use by hand.