Recommend Me A Fixed Screen Please!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by PUREVIL, Nov 24, 2008.

1. PUREVIL

PUREVIL More Money Than Brains Croo

Instead of searching through 1000s of threads I decided to post my own. I just installed my Panny AE3000 and I was going to install a 120 Sarria screen thats motorized... but after testing the panny against the wall, I decided I need something between 125 to 130inch. So what manufacturers do you guys recommend and how much should a screen of that size cost me? Im still kind of new to this whole projector scene. But I want the best bang for my buck, thanks!!!![

2. amill94

amill94 OT Supporter

Screen innovations is pretty cheap for their sizes. My friend has a Stewart screen that is really nice.

3. cacique78

cacique78 Member

Stewarts are nice but pricey. Vutecs are a good bang for the buck.

http://www.vutec.com/

Also when picking out a screen keep in mind the room. Any ambient lighting? Totally dark? Depending on room conditions you might want to look at different line-ups.

Believe it or not a projector/screen combo is like a marriage. A bad fit will make a great projector look like ass and viceversa.

4. PUREVIL

PUREVIL More Money Than Brains Croo

Well in the afternoons the room has some light at night its totally dark. I installed a remote dimmer switch for night time viewing, with the lights on full bright the image gets washed away since some of the lights are right above the wall. But with them set to about medium the picture was very viewable still. I watched a movie on the wall in the afternoon and it was totally fine. I was very impressed how well the picture looks just even on the wall! So if I can find a great screen to go with it, it should just be alot better right? Im hoping to keep the cost of the screen under 1000. Im not sure if I should get a white or grey any input on that?

5. jimmyjoe

jimmyjoe Across 110th Street, You can find it all in the st

Ya, I have a Vutec sliverstar 93'' very bright screen, I also have a panny AE700u, you might still have to blackout your room some.

6. cacique78

cacique78 Member

White screens will give you a better picture with ambient lighting (don't expect a miracle though). If you are planning on mostly at night dark viewing then the silver will give you a better picture quality.

If you can black out the room like the previous poster said that would be optimal.

If you are planning on mostly nighttime viewing then go for the silver.