A&P recommend me a camera

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by RedDawg, Jan 6, 2006.

1. RedDawg

RedDawg Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2002
    I'm trying to decide on a digital camera and i honestly have no idea what the differences are between them. I would rather not rely on a best buy employee to help me so i figured i'd ask here. Basically i'm looking for a camera for recreational use. When i go to the zoo with my g/f, vacations, car show pics, etc. I would like it to have a decent zoom but nothing enormous, for example, if i want a close up of a lion at the zoo. I would prefer a smaller camera where the lens collapses into the camera, like a nikon P1, instead of something large like a nikon D50. I'd like it to have a view finder so that i don't have to rely on the lcd screen for framing the picture. And obviously, a nice crisp picture. For a budget, i'd like to stick around $500-600. So whatcha got for me? :)
  2. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

Jan 9, 2005
    the best thing for you to do is go to best buy or your camera shop of choice and play with the different cameras they have. I'd suggest staying with the Canon, Sony, Nikon Or Fuji lines. And if you want something with a good viewfinder, a DSLR is your best bet. Otherwise, the LCD is what you will mostly use on a p&s. I have a Sony DSC-P100 (mom has P200) and they're both great cameras. Most people on here will say stick with Canon.