Recommend gloves and jacket

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Ep, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Ep

Ep Guest

Am I looking to spend 60$ brand new, or over a 100$? Should I definately buy a pair with carbon fibre knuckles? My buddy has a pair and they are pretty comfy.

Recommend a jacket for me as well. Something mid line. A mix of comfort and breathable for when it's hot as balls out:beer:

2. Frequency

Frequency New Member

3. Ep

Ep Guest

perfect thank you... That jacket looks great and is damn cheap. I bet I could find it on ebay brand new for even cheaper I bet. Now the gloves are good as well, should I not worry about carbon fibre nuckle covers? Don't they protect from breaking your nuckles?

4. Frequency

Frequency New Member

The knuckles are padded, I have crashed hard in them and my hands actually faired the best, no broken bones and no rash

5. ericande

ericande Active Member

For gloves I wouldn't spend less than $60...

I have these and they are ok: http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/Alpinestars_SMX_2_Air_Carbon_Gloves--507594.html

I would REALLY recommend you spend more if you'll only have one pair and get something like these ($90): http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/Alpinestars_SP2_Performance_Riding_Gloves--622565.html

For a jacket, textile is 'ok' but if you crash once it'll be done. Just make sure the jacket is tight enough it doesn't move around if you crash. Get leather if you can afford it. All the major brands are just fine, fit is most important. If you get a leather jacket it WILL break in and get more comfortable, don't get too loose a jacket.

6. Ep

Ep Guest

that guy said he has the Alter Ego2 and said it held up great in a crash. Maybe he just tumbled a little?

P.s., Im actually almost positive those alpines are what my buddy had. pretty comfy

7. ericande

ericande Active Member

That's great, it's one experience. I've seen someone crash in a t-shirt at 40mph and was fine... I wouldn't want to crash like that though. Wear good gear and you'll be happier.

8. Frequency

Frequency New Member

i has a name.
    No i said the gloves held up fine in a crash.
    jackets it depends on how you crash, if i was wearing mine at the time im sure it would have been find b/c the tshirt i was in held up, but my pants were shredded.

ibTheGreatOnesComeInWithAllGearAllTheTime

9. Frequency

Frequency New Member

I haven't found any of the more expensive gloves that i like yet, the a* s6 gloves are quite comfortable and do there thing nicely. This is coming from riding street though, track would be a different story

10. Ep

Ep Guest

I was referring to the guy on the website that reviewed the jacket. Sorry, I wasn't specific

11. AtHomeInSpace

AtHomeInSpace New Member

YES! SP2 ftw. I've had mine for a few years. Sure the left one smells funny :o, but they've held up great. The carbon over the knuckles does wonders on tail-gating-cage-mirrors :naughty:

12. Snafu

Snafu more than meets the eye

I've used Fieldsheer stuff and their zippers suck. Nothing like bending over to pick up my keys and having the zippers burst.

13. Bavarian3

Bavarian3 OT Supporter

i would browse forums if you cant afford good gear. great deals to be had used.

i got my alpinestars GP plus gloves for 80 bucks like-new, alpinestars stage2 jacket for 200 bucks. that wouldve been over 500 new with either taxes or shipping.

14. AtHomeInSpace

AtHomeInSpace New Member

know anyone with xxl hands? :x: