Recommend a good remote start for me.

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by critter783, Dec 17, 2007.

1. critter783

critter783 OT Supporter

I'm looking to put a remote start/keyless entry system on my 94 Chevy Silverado, but I wanted to get some opinions first. It does have power locks, and its an automatic, but its got a 6.5L diesel in it. So basically, I'm wondering if any of you have used and possibly even installed one of these systems on a diesel truck, and if you'd recommend a brand/model. Brands and models to avoid would also be welcome.

2. thegoodson

thegoodson This morning she made me eat her hair pie.

code alarm.

i have had three of them on different vehicles and have worked great. incredible range.

3. Immortal1

Immortal1 New Member

:wtc: i just got one installed at circuit city in my dad's volvo for christmas...

it took freakishly long because there was only one guy working; it worked fine, my sister took it out for the night and then a block from my house it died while she was driving it.

called CC and they said it could be the ignition fuse. i checked the regular ignition fuse and it was fine; the bigger fuses (big square ones, not sure of the name) could be the culprit...hope they don't make me pay for it :ugh2:

have to have it towed there tomorrow yeaaaaaa

Last edited: Dec 23, 2007
  4. MSIGuy

MSIGuy om nom nom nom!

Viper (Clifford/Phython/DEI) 5900 SST 1 mile. One of the best units out there. I love mine and I've tested it at an actual 1.2 miles from in a car even.

5. Scott02Z71

Scott02Z71 New Member

2nd the Viper vote. I have had one on my truck forever and love it. I can't remember the model, but it is the responder one. Works great...

6. charles foster kane

charles foster kane New Member

Why do you want remote start though? :confused:

7. charles foster kane

Just because its another toy?

In which case I can understand that even if I don't like remote starts... I like toys

8. critter783

critter783 OT Supporter

Because its fucking cold outside in the morning, and it takes a while to warm it up. I dont have the luxury of parking it in a garage at night.

9. charles foster kane

10. nafreek

nafreek New Member

I have crime stopper. We put them on both our civic and explorer they can both be controlled with the same remote. the explorer took about 5 hours and the civic took 3 hours. there is a wealth of information on the internet on specific vehicle wiring that tells you exactly where each wire is in the car and what color it is. Try bulldog alarms for the wiring diagrams. I love it because it retained all of my factory keyless entry functions as well as remote starting. like any electronic devices happiness depends on the install of the equipment more than the brand. Have an awesome day. N