Recomendations and comments

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by 98fiveseven, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 98fiveseven

98fiveseven New Member

I am wanting to be able to put up 93% of my weight (139lbs) on the bench press soon. Havent gotten a baseline yet. I am applying for a job with the Ohio State Highway Patrol.

Height: 6'2"
    Weight: 154lbs

I am figuring on when I wake up in the mornings I will do as many push-ups as I possibly can, aswell as sit-ups. Hopefully I can get in 15 minutes on the treadmill. Then after work I want to run 15 more minutes on the tread mill followed by push-ups and sit-ups. I am looking a t YMCA membership to work on my bench press and leg press. Is there any advice to get good gains. I want to progress through fairly quickly. (as much as possible)

Thanks for your help and hopefully I can start logging some :)

2. Memor

Memor Active Member

1) Join a gym
    2) Check the diets and the routines in the stickies, if you're new at this then a simple bodypart split is usually good, or something like a WS4SB like Maine said in another thread earlier today
    3) Eat right, work hard, don't expect miracles, and you will see a lot of change, especially in the beginning with noob gains. But you need all of the elements to get it to work right, keeping a log is a great start.

3. 98fiveseven

98fiveseven New Member

I got more info on where my goals need to be to start and get accepted into the acadamy I figure I have 1-2 months or so to get close

GOALS:
    Weight:160 range
    Bench Press: 174:noes:
    Leg Press:302:eek3:
    Flex: 15.5
    Vo239.53
    1.5 mile run: 13.22 minutes
    Pushups (1 min): 32
    Sit-ups (1 min: 35
    I was able to pull a mile run back in highschool ( just a few years ago) in 8-9 minute range, just got to get back my endurance.

Currently I am
    Weight: 153lbs
    Bench: n/a
    Leg Press: n/a
    Vo2: n/a
    Flex: n/a
    1.5 mile: n/a
    Pushups (1 min):34
    Sit-ups (1 min): 36

Talked to my old Gym teach/track coach today he recommended the YMCA in town, I am joining tonite. My cousin will be lifting with me tonite and I have a few other friends that will lift with me on other nights aswell.
    No more beer drinking/drunk weekends.

I am going to be going to the YMCA everyday after work since I am joining and lifting tonite. I will be going with the one sticky for a routine :bowdown:
    now i just need to stay motivated especially since I want this soooo badly!!
    I am also very very excited! thanks for the help and will be open to recomendations.

4. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

read the noob stickies and the archives.

Leg Press isn't a sign of anything

5. 98fiveseven

98fiveseven New Member

1.5mile: 13min flat
    Bench Press: 95 lbs
    Inverted Bench:65 lbs

I have alot of work in front of me I know I can do it all. I just need to keep persistent. Eat right,and all of that.

When I put on the muscle to be able to bench and leg press my goals will that give me added weight? I also need to pick up 10-15 pounds to make weight, althought I will still be light by their standards, So I'm going ot have to work harder then everyone in my height category as my lifting is for some one who weighs 174 lbs rather than myself weight 155 currently and need to be 160lbs min. Is there any legal supplements that can help with these goals and not cost an arm and a leg?

6. 98fiveseven

98fiveseven New Member

Not sure what you mean. All I know is I have to put up 302lbs for the leg press, so I will :x:

7. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

he's saying that list is a list of strength requirements necessary for him to pass the physical portion of his application to the staties.

8. 98fiveseven

98fiveseven New Member

UPDATE:
    Leg Press=160

Basicaly I have to double my leg press for 302 pounds
    and my bench I have to pick up 80-90 pounds.
    I still ran my 1.5mile in 13 minutes flat after working on my legs today :) but I was burning pretty good. Pushed my self to keep running at at 7.6-ish pace on the treadmill.

Does it seem feasible to reach my goal in 1-2 months of mon-fri sessions?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.