Recipes: Protein bars

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Perkwunos, Feb 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perkwunos

Perkwunos Dog Bones OT Supporter

[FONT=&quot]Stolen from BBing.com

For Bulking:

MagicPunt's MRBs (Meal Replacement Bars):

Combine in large mixing bowl:

3 Cups Oatmeal
    1/2 Cup Natural Peanut butter
    1 cup Skim Milk
    4 Scoops Protein Powder
    dash of cinnamon

Mix until a sticky batter is formed (may take a few minutes)

use a large spoon to spread out the mix into the bottom of a Pam-sprayed glass or metal cooking tray (spread until even)

top with 4-8 packets splenda

put in the fridge overnight and cut into 8 equal bars that yield:

11g fat (good monounsaturated fats)
    26g carbs
    21g protein

285 calories

For Cutting:

Combine in Large Mixing Bowl

8 Scoops Whey (Vanilla is very good)
    3 Cups Oats
    1 Package Sugar Free Fat Free Pudding (Any flavor is good)
    2 Cups Skim Milk

use a large spoon to spread out the mix into the bottom of a Pam-sprayed glass or metal cooking tray (spread until even)
    3g fat
    28g carbs
    29g protein
    257 calories
    These bars taste amazing, and are perfect for: breakfast, pre OR postworkout.

Posted by KMW
    I'm sure this has been coverd a million times on here but i'll pimp the bar i like.

1cup milk
    2cups protein powder
    package of fat free pudding
    3cups of oats

mix powders and milk, stir in oats, pam muffin tin and put in fridge to set.

1cup cottage cheese
    1/2 cup ff yogurt
    4 scoops whey (I used ON's vanilla)
    put these in the blender

stir in 3cups oats,
    form
    cut
    FREEZE

Then ziplock and keep them in the freezer, add a pinch of oats to the bags, and when 2-4 hours later they are moist and great,

200cal
    3g fat
    23.75 c
    20.75 protein

might wanna add some sweeter if you use plain yogurt, cause you can sure taste it, and it adds a sour tang to them, but i do like them alot

STRAWBERRY & BANANA MEAL REPLACEMENT BARS
    Makes 6 bars
    1 cup raw oatmeal
    5 scoops of strawberry protein powder ( 90g of protein)
    1/4 cup fat free cream cheese
    1/2 cup non fat dry milk powder
    2 egg whites
    1/4 cup water
    1 1/2 bananas, mashed
    2 tsp. canola oil (this is the secret to moist bars instead of the traditional dry bar)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 9x9 square pan with cooking spray & set aside. In a med.ium bowl combine oatmeal, Protein powder & dry milk. Set aside. In another bowl beat together with an electric hand mixer, cream cheese, egg whites, bananas, water & oil. Add the oat mixture & continue to beat until the two are combined. Pour batter into the prepared pan & bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
    Calories-203, Protein 22g, Carbs 22g, Fats 3g

Delphene's Protein Bar Recipe

3 1/2 cups rolled oats
    1 1/2 cups dry milk
    1 tbsp cinnamon
    1 cup lite syrup
    2 scoops protein powder
    2 egg whites
    1/4 cup orange juice
    1 tsp vanilla
    1 cup craisins (cranberry/raisins, or cranberries or raisins) or chopped apple and chopped nuts

Mix all ingredients as you add them to each other and then in a waxpaper lined cookie sheet spread the mixture out. After you do this and before you bake them, take a butter knife and cut them into 10 squares. Put them in a 325' oven until lightly browned (about 15 minutes) and store them in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks without refrigeration.

Makes 10 Bars 1Bar = 200 calories 12.2 g protein 25 g carbs.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________
    Totalnatal posted this:
    found this one on the net , I'm going to make it soon , looks good and doesn't need PB !!!

Ingredients:
    * 6 Egg Whites
    * 1 Egg Yolk (for those extra amino acids)
    * 200g Porridge Oats (Complex Carbohydrate)
    * 3 servings of casein protein chocolate Powder (Any other flavour could be used.)
    * 150ml Pure Orange Juice (For Flavour and Vitamin C)
    * 2 Sliced Bananas (Flavour and Sweetness)
    * 2 Tablespoons Cookable Sweetener (Such as Hermesetas or Canderel)
    Preparation:
    1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
    2. Put all the ingredients into your mixing bowl and stir until you have a nice even, mixture. (Should look pretty gooey.)
    3. Find a baking tray approx. 8inch by 8inch and 1inch deep.
    4. Rub your baking tray with vegetable oil or cooking spray to prevent to mixture sticking.
    5. Pour your mixture into the baking tray and then place in the oven.
    6. Bake for around 20 Minutes or until golden brown.
    7. Leave to cool and then cut into 3 pieces with a sharp knife

These bars are supposed to be great:

calories:336
    Proteins:37.6
    Carbs:42g
    Fat:4.6!!!!!

3 cups oats
    8 protein servings
    12 tbsp of PB(I can only use commerical that means no natty PB sadly...)
    1.5 cup of milk non fat
    2 egg whites
    2 tsp of baking powder
    1/2 tsp of salt

Preparation:
    Combine the above ingredients and put in a oiled (use pam) 9x9 pan.
    Bake @ 350 for 35 min.
    Makes 11 bars. When they are cool, put them in the fridge or they will go mouldy in a few days.

Per bar:

Calories:275
    Protein:27g
    Carbs:21g
    Fat:11g[/FONT]
    Posted by JettoFunk

Sweet, here's some recipes I stole from Rave on ABCbodybuilding.com

INGREDIENTS

10 tbsp. natural peanut butter
    5 egg whites
    5 scoops whey protein (I find that chocolate mint tastes the best in this recipe, however chocolate tastes good as well)
    2 cups oats (OPTIONAL: For flavor, I dry cook these on a frying pan until they are toasted)
    1/2 cup soy milk

DIRECTIONS

Mix the peanut butter and egg whites in a bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds, and mix well (so that the mixture appears smooth). Repeat 4-5 times until all traces of egg whites have dissolved into the peanut butter, and your mixture is a smooth consistent one.

Gradually add the protein (one scoop at a time) and stir into the mixture. Next, add the soy milk and follow with the oats. Continue mixing until a thick 'sticky' mixture is present.

Smooth the thick mixture into a 13x9 tray and leave for 20-30 minutes. Cut into 10 equal size bars. Individually wrap each bar (I use aluminum foil) and store in the fridge.

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size: 1 Bar

Calories: 220
    Protein: 20.1g
    Fat: 10.1g
    Carbohydrates: 15.1g

My new low fat protein bar recipe ( The Majmun Bar)

I've been working on a low fat alternative to the Magic Punt Bar ( great recipe btw). I finally have it.

ingredients:

8 oz fat free cream cheese
    4 scoops protein powder ( i use chocolate)
    3 cups whole oats
    1/2 cup splenda
    Dash of cinnamon ( to taste)

Combine splenda, cream cheese, protein, and cinnamon in a bowl and mix with an electric mixer on high til its smooth.

add the oats and mix with the mixer until you have a fairly homogeneous mixture.

note if it is too thick add a 1/4 cup of milk or water

spray an 8x8 pan with PAM. spread the mixture in the pan. sprinkle some additional splenda on top and place in the fridge for an hour.

I cut mine into ten bars for a breakdown of

154 cals, 17.8g carb, 15g protein, 1.8 g fat

Mike's Protein Bars:
    In a mixing bowl combine...

1 cup blended oats (blend rolled oats until you have a powder)
    1 cup rolled oats
    2 tbl spoons flaxseed meal
    3-4 tbl spoons of natty crunchy peanut butter
    3 eggwhites and 1 whole egg
    1 banana
    4-5 scoops of (vanilla) whey protein powder
    handful of almonds

Preheat the oven to 350, pour/scoop/push the mush into a glass pan (spray some no-stick spray first) and i like to sprinkle some steel cut oats on top just for aesthetics. Cook for 15-18 minutes....

Amazing 55 Cent Nutrition Bar

I kitchen tested this one a few different times and I think I got it right. Increasing the protein did not work well for me and I slightly increased the carb count with a bit of natural applesauce but it's softer now. It tastes fine without it too if you don't have applesauce around the house.
    I thought this would be a good snack/post workout choice with a little natural peanut butter for some fat and supplement it with a protein drink or eat it with breakfast with some eggwhites. I just had one warm (hey, I know it's late for carbs but I had to taste test) and thought it would be good with reduced/non-fat butter too. In any case, it's 55 cents and less than 5 mins to prepare, and a pretty big size bar.
    Recipe Yields 10
    Per serving: Calories- 140 Carbs- 23g Protein- 15g Fat- .5 g
    Cost Per Serving- $0.55 ( oatmeal and eggs were on sale, reduced calorie syrup is most costly component)
    Ingredients:
    3 1/2 cups rolled oats (I used quick oats)
    1 1/2 cups powdered non fat milk
    1 cup sugar free or reduced calorie fructose sweetened pancake syrup
    (nutrition stats based on reduced calorie..s/f syrup may reduce carbs a little more)
    2 egg whites
    1/4 cup Orange Juice
    1 tsp Vanilla
    1/4 c. natural applesauce
    4 scoops chocolate whey protein powder (I used Max Whey for this)
    Directions:
    -Preheat overn to 325
    -Mix all the dry stuff in bowl to blend it
    -Add in remaining ingredients and mix well. Consistency is sort of like cookie dough
    -Spread on cooking sheet coated with non-stick spray. You can use a 9X12 baking dish if you want it thicker.
    -Bake until edges are crisp and browned. Since the protein is choc. flavored you might not noticed the top brown that much.
    -Cut into 10

[FONT=&quot]I like this recipe but its hard because not many people have on hand CarbSense Mix and CarbSolutions Fat Free Milk but... I found them at my local health food store one day...
    for 1 cup of it = 250cal... 8g carbs, 44g protein, 2g fat and 8g fiber!
    for 1 cup of the Milk = 70cal...3g carbs, 12g protein, 0g fat and 0g fiber...

So my bars are like this... for cutting
    Ingredients:
    Dash of Cinnamon
    Splash of Vanilla Extract/Sugar Free (cal free) Syrup
    4 Packets of Splenda
    1 Cup Carbsense Mix
    1.5 Cup Carb Solutions FF Milk
    3 Scoops of Whey Protein
    1 Cup Rolled Oats
    1 Packet of Gelatin

Combine in bowl and mix till you get the paste and put into a pan with some type of nonstick spray (I use 0cal non-stick spray)

.... All calories come out to 1168calories... divide into 6 bars and fridge or freeze...

Each bar = 194.67 calories; 27.67g protein; 14.08g carbs; 2.33g fat and 2.67g of fiber![/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]__________________
    Funny that you just did that too. I attempted to cook a new recipe last night and did the same thing. I was attempting to cook them for a longer time at a lower temperature (to avoid denaturing the protein) and left it in for far too long.

Side note for those expirementing, 190 for an hour is too long unless you like to eat protein bricks. Anyone have any suggestions on a good cooking process while keeping your protein safe?

The recipe so far is:
    1 cup natty PB
    8 70cc scoops isolated whey (Would like to add more, need to play with consistency)
    2 cups oat flour
    3 egg whites
    1 whole egg (may not be needed)
    1-1.5 cups milk
    2 dashes of vanilla extract (not enough?)
    2-3 tbls of torani Caramel (not enough)

I mixed everything together (microwaved the pb before stirring it into the mixture, for easier mixing) then placed a thin layer of rolled oats on the bottom of the pan, poured the mixture in and placed a thin layer on top of the mixture.

Cooked at 190 for an hour (Way too long)

~~~Chewy Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bars

1 cup oat flour
    1 ½ cups whey protein powder
    ¼ cup cocoa powder
    ½ cup nonfat dry milk powder
    ¼ cup stevia blend
    ½ teaspoon salt
    2 egg whites
    ½ teaspoon super-strength chocolate flavoring (LorAnn)
    ½ teaspoon super-strength peanut butter flavoring (LorAnn)
    ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
    ¼ - 1/3 cup water

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a 9”x9” baking pan with wax paper.

Combine all dry ingredients in blender -- Process on high speed 2 minutes. In a bowl, beat eggs, flavorings, and peanut butter. Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture. With an electric mixer, slowly add the water until dough becomes a “gooey play-dough” consistency. Pour batter in lined pan, spreading, or pressing dough to an even thickness.

Bake for about 15 minutes. Remove from pan and allow to cool slightly. Remove wax paper and allow to cool completely. Cut into 8 bars. Delicious with low-carb ice cream.

Calories: 250 Protein: 24g Carbs: 24 Fats: 7 g

~~~Best Brownie Protein Bars

½ cup oat flour ¼ cup whole-wheat flour
    1-cup whey protein powder
    ½ cup stevia blend
    1/3 cup cocoa
    ¼ teaspoon baking powder
    ¼ teaspoon salt
    1-tablespoon liquid lecithin ½ cup fat free cream cheese (room temperature) 2 eggs
    ¼ cup fat free Miracle Whip
    1 teaspoon super-strength chocolate flavoring (LorAnn)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a 9”x9” baking pan with wax paper.

In a bowl combine all dry ingredients. Set aside. In a large bowl, with an electric beater, combine lecithin, cream cheese, eggs, Miracle Whip, and flavoring until light and fluffy. Add the dry ingredients to the wet. Mix well. Pour batter into lined 9”x9” square pan and smooth evenly.

Bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from pan and cool slightly. Remove wax paper and cool completely. Cut into 9 bars.

Per bar: Calories:99 Protein: 9g Carbs:9g Fats:3 g

~~~Chocolate Raspberry Bars

1 cup oat flour
    1 cup Milk & Egg Protein powder (MLO)
    ½ cup powdered milk
    1/2 teaspoon pure stevioside extract
    ½ teaspoon salt
    2 ounces unsweetened bakers chocolate 2 tablespoons butter
    8 ounces fat free cream cheese (room temperature)
    ½ cup glycerin
    1 teaspoon super-strength chocolate flavoring (LorAnn)

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a 8 ½ ”x11” baking pan with wax paper.

Combine all dry ingredients in blender -- Process on high speed 2 minutes.

Melt chocolate and butter over a double boiler, or in the microwave for 1 minute on med-high power – stir until completely melted. (If needed microwave an additional 30 seconds.)

In a bowl, beat cream cheese, glycerin, and flavoring. Using an electric mixer, add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture. Pour batter into lined pan, spreading to an even thickness.

Bake for about 20 minutes. Remove from pan and allow to cool slightly. Remove wax paper and allow to cool completely. Cut into 12 bars.

Per serving: 290 Calories 16g Total Fat 21g Protein 17g Carbohydrate

~~~Coconut Protein Bars Easy, Economical, and DELICIOUS! 3 grams of carbs per bar

These bars are fast and easy to make. Please read below for ingredient information.

½ cup plus
    2 tablespoons water
    ¼ cup Stevita Stevia Supreme or ¼ cup Stevia blend or ¾ teaspoon pure stevia (stevioside)
    1/3-cup glycerin
    2 tablespoons coconut oil
    1 ½ cups isolated soy protein powder
    ¾ cup Milk & Egg Protein powder (MLO)
    ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut (dried, NOT fresh)
    ½ teaspoon coconut super-strength flavoring (LorAnn)
    ½ teaspoon pineapple super-strength flavoring (LorAnn)

1. In a microwave safe container, heat ½ cup of water to a boil. 2. Thoroughly dissolve stevia in hot water. 3. Add glycerin and coconut oil to water mixture – Allow to cool completely. (Using warm or hot water will ruin the texture of this protein bar.) 4. In a mixing bowl or large food processor container combine soy protein, Milk and Egg protein (MLO), and coconut. 5. Stir the coconut and pineapple extract into the cooled water mixture. 6. Slowly pour the cooled water mixture into the dry mixture and process with a sturdy mixer of food processor until the dough forms coarse crumbs. 7. Leaving the mixture in bowl, kneed it into a large ball. It should be the consistency of pie pastry dough, firm, yet slightly crumbly. If it is sticky, add more soy protein powder. If the dough is not moist enough to hold together when you squeeze it add more water one tablespoon at a time. 8. Forming the protein bars is essential to giving them that “store bought taste”. Press the dough evenly into a slightly oiled 8”x8” pan. Lightly oil the top of the dough. 9. The next step is pressing the bars to achieve the desired texture. Place another 8” x 8” pan on top of the dough. Place weights on top of this pan. (I use 50 pounds worth of hand weights.) Allow the dough to press for several hours or longer depending on your personal taste. Alternative method: Press dough onto a cooking sheet into an 8” x 8” square. Using heavy meat pounder or rolling pin, pound the dough until desired textured. After pressing the dough, cut into bars 1 ½” x 4”. Makes about 12 bars. These bars contain no preservatives so they must be refrigerated for storage.

5 tbsp natural peanut butter (chunky or smooth)
    1/2 cup dry oat meal or whole grain hot cereal (uncooked)
    1/2 cup oat flour (double the dry oats if you do not have oat flour)
    6 scoops chocolate whey protein (approximately 132 grams worth of low-carb protein powder)
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    2 tablespoons flax seeds (optional)
    1 cup non-fat dry milk
    1/2 cup water (depending on what type of protein you use, you may need to add more)
    Modifications: Use vanilla protein and replace ~1/4 cup of the oatflour with a variety of nuts, seeds, or dried berries.
    PREPARATION:

Spray an 8x8 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Combine dry ingredients in a medium size bowl and mix well. Add peanut butter and mix - the mixture will be crumbly and dry. Add water & vanilla. Sponsored Links

Using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, everything until a dough forms. The dough will be sticky. Spread dough into pan using a clean wooden spoon or spatula that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Refrigerate a few hours (or freeze for an hour) and cut into 9 squares. Wrap bars individually (use sandwich bags or plastic wrap) or store in covered container between sheets of wax paper. Keep refrigerated.
    Nutritional Information Per Serving:

197 calories, 21 g protein, 7.2 g fat (8% saturated), 13.7 g carbohydrate, 1.6 g fiber

Tasty Homemade Version of Commercial Athletic Snacks

24 dried figs
    1/3 cup honey
    4 tbsp. orange juice
    2 tbsp. lemon juice
    1 tsp. lemon juice
    2 1/2 cups unbleached flour
    1/2 tsp. baking soda
    1/4 tsp. baking powder
    1 tbsp. canola oil
    1/4 cup dark corn syrup
    2 egg whites
    1 cup oat bran
    1-2 cups vanilla whey powder or soy protein powder (Ellen's addition)(too much will make a gluey texture)
    DIRECTIONS
    Add figs, honey, orange juice, and 2 tbsp. lemon juice to food processor and mix on "chop" setting until fig bits are finely cut. Set aside.

Put all other ingredients (except oat bran) in mixing bowl. Beat with electric mixer for 3-4 minutes at medium speed. If using the whey/protein powder, reduce flour by 1/2 cup. Add fig mixture and beat until everything blends- the texture is something like playdough. Roll 20-24 balls (about golf ball size)and coat with oat bran poured on a plate.

Place balls on pan and bake at 350° for 10 minutes, or until they are warm and a bit puffy. Place in refrigerator to harden. For a crunchier texture, bake 2-5 minutes longer, or until dough is thoroughly cooked.

Ellen says: You can substitute dates for figs, and this lowers potassium. To increase protein in this recipe so it can be used for a breakfast bar, take out 1 cup wheat flour and add 1/2 cup soy protein isolate, 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ and 1/4 cup vital wheat gluten; this is apart from the extra whey or protein powder you may have added. Bake the higher protein ball the extra 5 minutes to cook the gluten.
    {*I would question the use of Corn Syrup, but maybe that would work for you, or you could convert that ingredient - Iron Draggin}

[http://www.bestrecipesource.com/prot...-Recipes.html]

FUDGEY CARAMEL PROTEIN BARS

4 Tbl butter
    1.5 Tbl unsweetened cocoa powder
    2 Tbl DaVinci Chocolate SF syrup
    2 cups Optimum Nutrition Chocolate
    Whey Protein
    1 cup coarsely chopped nuts

Melt butter in large bowl in microwave. Whisk cocoa in well, then SF syrup. Incorporate protein powder. Add chopped nuts Press into wax-paper-lined 9x9 pan & refrigerate. Caramel consistency, and much better than any of my old fudge recipes. Plus, no wasted calories. High Protein snack or dessert. Best cold.

FUDGEY-NUTTY BARS

2 and 1/3 cups vanilla protein powder
    1 oz square unsweetened chocolate
    1/2 cup butter
    4 oz cream cheese
    1 oz chopped almonds
    1 tsp vanilla
    1 tsp peanut butter
    1/4 cup Splenda

Melt butter, cream cheese, peanut butter and chocolate in bowl in microwave. Mix together very well and then add splenda & vanilla, mixing well again.

Add walnuts and protein powder and mix. It will be difficult and messy to mix,
    you will have to use your hands near the end to knead it all together, squeezing so that the powder is incorporated into the mixture.

Now place in an 8x8 0r 9x9 baking pan,
    flatten and refrigerate. When cooled
    and hardened, cut into 8 bars. Per bar: 21 grams protein, 3.15 carbs. This will vary according to the protein powder you use, I use Optimum Nutrtion as I have found it to be the best and it has 22g protein and 1.5g carbs in each scoop, but no aspartame.

4c oatmeal
    1 c powdered skim milk
    4 scoops of whey
    8fl oz of no sugar added apple juice
    2 egg whites
    1 no sugar added applesauce cup
    3-4 tbsp's of cinnamon

bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees

i created this recipe myself and it is quite tasty. you can also add some sugar free syrup, more cinnamon, or even some vanilla for better taste.

i make about 15 bars with this recipe, and this is about what they amount to nutritionally per bar:

125 cals
    18 g of carbs (all from milk and oatmeal sugars
    12-14g of protein
    2-3 grams of fiber

FUDGEY-NUTTY BARS

2 and 1/3 cups vanilla protein powder
    1 oz square unsweetened chocolate
    1/2 cup butter
    4 oz cream cheese
    1 oz chopped almonds
    1 tsp vanilla
    1 tsp peanut butter
    1/4 cup Splenda

this looks good as a midnight snack......lose the butter of course..........
    I'm not sure where I saw it, but I use this recipe weekly:

9 Scoops ON Chocolate Whey
    1 Packet Fat Free Sugar Free Jello Chocolate Pudding
    1-2 Tbsp Honey (not necessary, but I love honey... use Splenda if you want)
    1 Cup Skim Milk
    3 Cups of Quaker Whole Oats

Mix everything (except the oats) together in a big bowl, then add the oats.
    I divide this into 4 small Gladware(or whatever) bowls.

It tastes great, but you can't eat it as a bar. I keep it in the fridge, then take them to work or where ever. You gotta use a fork, because at room temperature, it is gooey.
    if any of you have dehydrators at home, you can use them to put solidify the protein bars and it doesn't over heat them (125 degrees) i think.

all i do is make mine with

1/2 cup oats (ground up)
    2 scoops chocolate whey
    some ground up shredded wheat for texture
    splenda to taste
    a little natural peanut butter
    ff milk to get the ingredients together

then i shape and put it in the dehydrator. i'm gonna try pudding once i buy it, it seems like it yields great taste.
    Cereal Protein Bars

1/2 c. white syrup
    3/4 c. crunchy peanut butter
    3 c. Rice Krispies, corn flakes, ect.
    1 tsp. vanilla
    *6 scoops unflavored or vanilla protein (roughly 100g protein?)
    *I didn't see any sugar listed, but i'm guessing that was pulled, maybe adding 1/4-1/2 cup of splenda would work?

Boil sugar and syrup until sugar dissolves. Add vanilla and peanut butter. Stir until melted. Add cereal. Put in buttered 9-inch pan. DON'T BAKE! Sprinkle 1 package butterscotch chips and 1/2 package chocolate chips over top. (or all chocolate if thats what your into) Place under broiler for just a few seconds. Spread, cool, and cut.

*I would think you would want to broil for something like a couple minutes, rather then seconds. long enough to melt the chocolate chips into a thin chocolate layer on the top [​IMG]

Obviously it should go without saying, that this is only probably good in the morning or pre/post work out, and that it probably wouldn't fit very well into a cutting diet. but still your looking at something that appears to be pretty darn tasty, and is probably still better for you then a store bought bar.
    Cereal Protein Bars

1/2-3/4c. honey
    1/2 c. natty peanut butter
    1/2 cup water
    2 c. Rice Krispies, corn flakes, ect.
    1-2c Oats (rolled)
    1 tsp. vanilla
    *6 scoops chocolate protein (100% ON, to be exact)
    1/2 cup of splenda

Brought the water, honey, splenda to a boil. Added the PB, and lowered to a simmer. Threw the oats and cereal in a bowl. Take the liquide off of the stove when the PB is melted into the mixture, and add vanilla. Mix the liquid into the dry ingrediants, put in a baking tray and put under broiler for 1 minute.

OK, couple things I did. I sprinkled chocolate and PB chips on the top after putting it in the tray. Fankley I don't think it even needed them, I actually feel a bit bad eating these. They are way sweeter then what i'm used to...not that I mind. If you do decide to add the chocolate chips, you could probably mix them into the bars, you don't have to worry about having them fall off the top then.

I actually put my bars in for 2-4 minutes, on high broil. this was a mistake, as I burned the top of my bars slightly. there still very tasty, but you probably don't need to go more then 2 minutes, and if you do (to melt the chocolate, you probably want to move them to the middle rack.

These bars actually seem to set somewhat. Of the bars I have tried, these are by far the closest I have come to the texture/taste that you find in production bars. take that FWIW.
    For Cutting:

Combine in Large Mixing Bowl

8 Scoops Whey (Vanilla is very good)
    3 Cups Oats
    1 Package Sugar Free Fat Free Pudding (Any flavor is good)
    2 Cups Skim Milk

3g fat
    28g carbs
    29g protein
    257 calories
    These bars taste amazing, and are perfect for: breakfast, pre OR postworkout.
    hocolate Macaroon Protein Bars (makes 4)

1 cup oat bran, or finely chopped oats
    1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
    4 scoops chocolate whey powder (I used ON 100% Whey)
    2 T unsweetened cocoa powder
    1 T powdered ginger
    1/4 t salt
    1/2 cup skim milk (or soy milk, unsweetened)

Mix for at least a minute, spread on greased surface/container. I use saran wrap sprayed with Pam, then plop the bar/blob onto it, spray the blob, then fold over the saran wrap and smoosh into whatever shape I want. Chill until firm then cut into 4 bars.

Note, my first batch didn't firm up enough so I'm upping the oat bran to 1 cup from 3/4 cup, making the nutrients:

Per bar: 244kcal; 8g fat (27%); 27g carb - 5g fiber (30%); 29g pro (43%).

2. Canuckistan

Canuckistan New Member

in for later. now im hungry

3. _Kanwisher!

_Kanwisher! Guest

someone post pics and rate the recipes so I can just skip the trouble and make the good ones

4. I Pwn Noobs

I Pwn Noobs Guest

5. Fishbait

Fishbait New Member

jeebus... so many choices. :eek5:

which ones have any of ya'll actually tried?

6. Fishbait

Fishbait New Member

after reviewing the list of all, these are the ones i'm gonna make.

will report back to this thread after i pick up some of the pudding tomorrow.

7. AMGpower

AMGpower OT Supporter

I feel like quoting him and typing "orly"

8. Fishbait

Fishbait New Member

i've got my bars in the fridge... will post up some pics tomorrow morning after they have set overnight.

:dunno:

9. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

protien bar overload!!!

10. meervincent

meervincent New Member

11. RalphL

RalphL Active Member

Im probably going to try the cutting ones tomorrow if i pick up some pudding mix :x: Ill check back here to see how fishbait's turned out

12. texchef

texchef Guest

What kind of Chef would I be if I didn't share also. Here are some more and +1 for the sticky:

(Upside down) Strawberry Cheesecake Bar

Yield 10 bars

Bar:

· 8 packets splenda
    · 1 cup nonfat dry milk
    · 8 scoops vanilla myopro protein powder
    · 8 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese
    · 3/4 cup (dried fruit mix of your choice: cranberries, cherries, strawberries etc. Just remember to chop ‘em if you use larger fruit pieces though!)

· 1/2 cup Fiber one or All-bran cereal
    · 1 tsp vanilla extract
    · ¼ water (only as needed!)

Topping:

· 2 TBSP Sugar Free Strawberry preserves
    · 2/3 cup Atkins almond crisp cereal, crushed up

Nutritional Stats:

236 cals, 6.7 g fat, 4.1 sat fat, 20.7 g carbs, 2.6 g fiber, 22.6 g protein

Directions:

Line 9x13 or 9x9 square baking dish or with wax paper (let the paper be over size on two opposite ends so that you can use them to pull out the bars after setting) or spray pan with cooking spray. Combine dry BAR ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Add cream cheese and cut in thoroughly with pastry mixer, potato masher or two knives. The mixture should look like coarse meal. Add vanilla extract and small amount of water. Using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, quickly mix until a tacky dough forms. Press into pan using a sheet of wax paper or a spatula sprayed with cooking spray. Spread 2 TBSP preserves evenly across surface of bars and sprinkle crushed Atkins cereal across the top and press down with the wax paper. Refrigerate overnight or freeze for 1 hour and cut into bars/squares. Wrap bars individually in plastic wrap. Keep frozen or refrigerated.
    =========

Crispy Treat (2 layer bar)

Yields 10 bars

Nutritional information per bar: 200 cals, 5g fat (23%), 1.4 g fat, 20. g carb (37%), 1.8g fiber, 20.1g pro (40%)

Base Layer

· 4 scoops chocolate Myopro whey
    · 1/2 oz (11 whole) almonds, chopped
    · ¼ cup Atkins Almond crisp cereal
    · ½ cup dry nonfat milk powder
    · 1 tsp cocoa powder
    · 2 TBSP natural peanut butter
    · ½ tsp vanilla extract
    · 4 packets of splenda
    · ¼ cup water (less or more based on your protein powder)

Crispy Treat Layer

· 1 cups Atkins almond cereal, crushed up (or leave whole)
    · 2 cups Keto Crisp Cereal (reg or cocoa flavor)
    · 18 - 20 large (or 1/2 of 10 oz bag) marshmallows
    · 1 TBSP butter/margarine

Line large (9 x 13 or at least a 9 x 9) baking dish of loaf pan with wax paper (let the paper be over size on two opposite ends so that you can use them to pull out the bars after setting).

BASE layer: Combine dry ingredients for BASE layer in a medium bowl and mix well. Add peanut butter and mix - the mixture will be crumbly and dry. Add water & vanilla extract. Using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, mix everything until dough forms. The dough will be sticky. Spread dough into pan and press down using a sheet a wax paper and a spatula.

CRISPY layer: Combine cereals in bowl. Over stove in non-stick pan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until melted and sticky. Remove from heat and quickly stir in cereals to coat. Press mixture into pan on top of base layer using wax paper (or spray your spatula with cooking spray) to prevent sticking. Microwave: melt butter in med bowl. Add marshmallows and stir until coated. Microwave for another 30 sec – 1 minute or until melted and stir halfway through so that it’s smooth. Quickly stir in cereal mixture and continue as above.

Refrigerate for overnight or freeze for 1 hour and cut into 10 bars. Wrap individually in plastic wrap or store in covered container between sheets of wax paper. Keep refrigerated.

==========

Stella bar – Protein Packed Choco/Vanilla Chip Crisp

Bar Ingredients:

4 tbsp natural peanut butter (chunky or smooth)

½ cup All- Bran with extra fiber, crushed up

1/4 cup oatmeal

3/4 cup TJ’s More and less cereal, crushed up (note: this cereal is 12 gs protein, 11 gs carbs per 2/3 cup so you’ll end up with an even BETTER protein – carb ratio w/ atkins since that has even more protein)

6 scoops Myopro whey protein

1.5 teaspoon almond extract or vanilla extract (and 1 tsp of cocoa if making chocolate version)

1 cup non-fat dry milk

1/2 cup water (depending on what type of protein you use, you may need to add more)

8 packets splenda

Topping: 1 TBSP Peanut butter, 3/4 cup of TJ’s More and Less cereal (crushed up) and 3 TBSP nestle’s mini morsels

Stats: 207 cals, 7 g fat (32%), 2g sat, 17.1g carbs (28%), 3.5g fiber, 20.5g prot (41%).

Line 9x13 baking dish of loaf pan with wax paper (let the paper be over size on two opposite ends so that you can use them to pull out the bars after setting). Combine dry BAR ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Add peanut butter and mix - the mixture will be crumbly and dry. Add water & vanilla/almond extract. Using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, mix everything until dough forms. The dough will be sticky. Spread dough into pan and press down using a sheet a wax paper and a spatula. Pull up paper and spread 1 TBSP of peanut butter (warmed for 10 secs in microwave) across surface. Sprinkle crushed Cereal and mini morsels across the top and press down firmly again with the wax paper. Refrigerate a few hours and cut into bars/squares. Wrap bars individually (use sandwich bags or plastic wrap) or store in covered container between sheets of wax paper. Keep refrigerated.

=========

Cran-Raisin Strawberry Bfast crunch bars (Re-post)

Ingredients:

6 tbsp natural peanut butter (chunky or smooth)
    1.25 cup dry oats or whole grain hot cereal (uncooked)
    5 scoops strawberry Myopro whey protein
    1.5 teaspoon almond extract or vanilla extract
    1 cup non-fat dry milk
    8 packets splenda
    1/2 cup raisins
    1/2 cup dried cranberries
    1 oz (22 whole almonds) chopped or crushed

Topping: 2/3 cup of Kashi Go Lean crunch cereal (crushed up)

Nutritional info: 40% carbs, 30% protein, 30% fat

For (10 bar batch) 256 cals, 8.4g fat, 1.8g sf, 28.3g carbs, 18.6g pro, 3.2g fiber

For (9 bar batch) 284 cals, 9.33g fat, 2g sf, 31.45 carbs, 20.66g pro, 3.55g fiber

Directions:

Line 8x8 baking dish of loaf pan with wax paper (let the paper be over size on two opposite ends so that you can use them to pull out the bars after setting). Combine dry ingredients EXCEPT Kashi Go Lean in a large bowl and mix well. Add peanut butter and mix - the mixture will be crumbly and dry. Add water & vanilla/almond extract. Using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, mix everything until dough forms. The dough will be sticky. Spread dough into pan and press down using a sheet a wax paper and a spatula. Pull up paper and sprinkle crushed Kashi across the top and press down firmly again with the wax paper. Refrigerate a few hours (or freeze for an hour) and cut into bars/squares. Wrap bars individually (use sandwich bags or plastic wrap) or store in covered container between sheets of wax paper. Keep refrigerated.

Peanut Butter and Jelly Bar (Makes 10 bars)

(Even more) Portable versions of your favorite sandwich!
    220 cals, 6.1 g fat (26%), 20.6 g carbs (34%) 2.1 g fiber, 21.2 g protein (41%)

PB Layer:

3 ½ scoops Myopro vanilla
    ½ cup dry non-fat milk powder
    1 TBSP butter buds
    ¼ cup chopped peanuts
    1 packet splenda
    ¼ cup dry oats
    3 tbsp natural peanut butter (chunky or smooth)
    Water as needed

Jelly Layer:

1/3 cup dried fruit (berry mix, craisins, apricots, etc. chop if large pieces)
    3 ½ scoops myopro strawberry
    3 packets splenda
    ½ cup dry non-fat milk
    ¼ cup crushed Kashi Cereal
    3 TBSP reduced sugar preserves, flavor of your choice
    Water as needed

Topping:
    ½ cup oatmeal
    ½ cup Kashi Cereal crushed as desired

Line 11 x 7 baking dish of loaf pan with wax paper (let the paper be over size on two opposite ends so that you can use them to pull out the bars).

PB layer: Combine dry PB layer ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Add peanut butter and mix - the mixture will be crumbly and dry. Add water as needed and using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, mix everything until dough forms. The dough will be sticky. Spread dough into pan and press down using a sheet a wax paper and a spatula. Take half of topping mixture and press into top evenly. Using wax paper, lift out the bar layer and invert back into the pan, topping layer down.

Jelly layer: Combine dry Jelly layer ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Add preserves and mix - the mixture will be crumbly and dry. Add water as needed and using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, mix everything until dough forms. The dough will be sticky. Spread dough into pan, on top of PB layer and press down using a sheet a wax paper and a spatula. Take remaining half of topping mixture and press into top evenly.

Refrigerate a few hours (or freeze for 1 hour) and cut into bars/squares. Wrap bars individually (use sandwich bags or plastic wrap) or store in covered container between sheets of wax paper. Keep refrigerated.

Kashi Crispy Treat (2 layer bar)

Yields 10 bars
    Nutritional information per bar: 202 cals, 4.9 g fat (21%), 1.6 g sat fat, 21.5 g carb (35%), 3.4 g fiber, 22.5 g pro (43%)

Base Layer
    • 7 scoops chocolate Myopro whey
    • ¾ cup Keto Crispy Flakes (or any flavor of Atkins Cereal)
    • ½ cup dry nonfat milk powder
    • 1 tsp cocoa powder
    • 3 TBSP natural peanut butter
    • 1 tsp vanilla extract
    • 4 packets of splenda
    • 1/3 – 1/2 cup water (less or more based on your protein powder)

Crispy Treat Layer
    • 3 cups Kashi Go Lean cereal
    • 9 large marshmallows
    • .5 TBSP butter/margarine

Line large (7x 11 or 9 x 9) baking dish of loaf pan with wax paper (let the paper be over size on two opposite ends so that you can use them to pull out the bars after setting).

BASE layer: Combine dry ingredients for BASE layer in a medium bowl and mix well. Add peanut butter and mix - the mixture will be crumbly and dry. Add water & vanilla extract. Using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, mix everything until dough forms. The dough will be sticky. Spread dough into pan and press down using a sheet a wax paper and a spatula.

CRISPY layer: Stove: Over stove in non-stick pan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until melted and sticky. Remove from heat and quickly stir in cereals to coat. Microwave: Melt butter in large bowl for 15 - 30 seconds. Add marshmallows and stir to coat. Microwave for an additional 30 sec - 1 minute until melted. Stir and quickly stir in cereal to coate.

Press mixture into pan on top of base layer using wax paper (or spray your spatula with cooking spray) to prevent sticking.

Refrigerate for overnight or freeze for 1 hour and cut into 10 bars. Wrap individually in plastic wrap or store in covered container between sheets of wax paper. Keep refrigerated.

Kellogg's Rice Crispy Treat Protein Bars

Yields 10 bars

Nutritional information per bar: 205 cals, 4.5 g fat, 1.6 g fat, 21.8 g carb, 2.6 g fiber, 21.4 g pro

Base Layer
    • 8 scoops chocolate Myopro whey
    • ½ cup Fiber One cereal
    • ½ cup dry nonfat milk powder
    • 1 tsp cocoa powder
    • 2 TBSP natural peanut butter
    • ½ tsp vanilla extract
    • 5 packets of splenda
    • 1/3 – 1/2 cup water (less or more based on your protein powder)

Crispy Treat Layer
    • 1 cup Atkins almond cereal, crushed up (or leave whole)
    • 1 ¼ cup Rice Krispies Cereal
    • 14-15 large marshmallows
    • ¾ TBSP butter/margarine

Line large (9 x 13 or at least a 9 x 9) baking dish of loaf pan with wax paper (let the paper be over size on two opposite ends so that you can use them to pull out the bars after setting).

CRISPY layer: Combine cereals in bowl. Over stove in non-stick pan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until melted and sticky. Remove from heat and quickly stir in cereals to coat. Press mixture into pan on top of base layer using wax paper (or spray your spatula with cooking spray) to prevent sticking.

Cran-Raisin Coconut Banana Bfast crunch bars

Ingredients:

6 tbsp natural peanut butter (chunky or smooth)
    1.25 cup dry oats or whole grain hot cereal (uncooked)
    5 scoops banana cream Myopro whey protein
    1.5 teaspoon almond extract or vanilla extract
    1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
    1 cup non-fat dry milk
    8 packets splenda
    1/2 cup raisins
    1/2 cup dried cranberries
    1 oz (22 whole almonds) chopped or crushed

Topping: 2/3 cup of Kashi Go Lean crunch cereal (crushed up)

Nutritional info: 40% carbs, 30% protein, 30% fat

For (10 bar batch) 256 cals, 8.4g fat, 1.8g sf, 28.3g carbs, 18.6g pro, 3.2g fiber

For (9 bar batch) 284 cals, 9.33g fat, 2g sf, 31.45 carbs, 20.66g pro, 3.55g fiber

Directions:

Line 8x8 baking dish of loaf pan with wax paper (let the paper be over size on two opposite ends so that you can use them to pull out the bars after setting). Combine dry ingredients EXCEPT Kashi Go Lean in a large bowl and mix well. Add peanut butter and mix - the mixture will be crumbly and dry. Add water & vanilla/almond/coconut extract. Using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, mix everything until dough forms. The dough will be sticky. Spread dough into pan and press down using a sheet a wax paper and a spatula. Pull up paper and sprinkle crushed Kashi across the top and press down firmly again with the wax paper. Refrigerate a few hours (or freeze for an hour) and cut into bars/squares. Wrap bars individually (use sandwich bags or plastic wrap) or store in covered container between sheets of wax paper. Keep refrigerated.

13. Perkwunos

Perkwunos Dog Bones OT Supporter

you should post in here more often man

If we are goign to do a sticky I think we should put up alot more than just protein bars.

14. texchef

texchef Guest

I used to have .pdf file links that gave about 75 recipes for each level of calorie diets like 1400 cal/day, 1600cal/day...etc.

I have tons of recipes but most are not within the levels of what F&N members want when it comes to fat and carbs.

I'm always open for questions about different ways to cook stuff.

edit: found some more recipes, will be adding more later.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2007
  15. el es dee

el es dee ...through a cloud of chalk and the midst of pain.

archive

16. Bobsbarricades

Bobsbarricades New Member

this is awesome, thanks so much!

17. texchef

texchef Guest

High Protein Pnacakes

1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese
    1/2 cup natural quaker oats
    1/4 cup egg whites
    1 scoop vanilla Zero Carb Isopure
    4 drops vanilla extract.
    couple of dashes of cinnamon

Blend this up in a regular blender. You will have to scrape the sides a little, and the consistancy will be a little thick. I use a teflon electric skillet to cook these, but a regular griddle is fine. Spray a little PAM on there and cook at around 300' for like 3 minutes each side.

You can also throw some frozen blueberries in there if you want.

Tip... I would not use fat free cottage cheese as they come out a little flat. The good thing is you can make these the night before and refrigerate for a midmorning snack.

Calls 350
    Protien 46g
    Carbs 24g
    Fat 5g
    ----------------------------------------

Southwest Turkey Burgers

2 pounds 99% lean Ground Turkey ( I get the Jennie-0 ground at Publix)
    1 cup dry oats (hit it in the blender or food processor to chop it up a bit)
    3 green onions, chopped
    2 cloves garlic, pushed through a press
    1 egg, beaten
    3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, divided
    1 tablespoon ground cumin
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon chili powder
    1 cup green salsa
    1 medium avocado, peeled, pitted and cubed
    2 tablespoons vegetable oil
    Combine turkey, oatmeal crumbs, green onions, garlic, egg, 1 tablespoon of the cilantro, cumin, salt and chili powder in a bowl. Mix well and shape into four 1"-thick patties. Place on a plate, cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
    Meanwhile, mix salsa, avocado and remaining cilantro in a bowl and set aside.
    Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat and cook burgers 7 minutes on each side, until browned and cooked through. Serve with salsa mixture.

Calories for One burger 450
    Protien 45
    Fat (this is mostly from avocado) 30
    Carbs 13
    Fiber 7
    Net carbs 6
    -------------------------------------------------

Salsa Chicken Skillet (Serves 4)

1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
    1 tbsp olive oil
    1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
    1 medium green pepper, chopped
    3/4 cup chopped onion
    1/2 cup choppen celery
    1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
    1 clove garlic
    2 cups favorite salsa
    2 cups hot cooked brown rice

In a large skillet, saute chicken in oil until no longer pink; drain and set aside. Coat skillet with non-stick fat free cooking spray. Saute mushrooms, green pepper, onion, celery, corn and garlic for 6-8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add Salsa and chicken; heat through. Serve over rice.

Nutritional Information (per serving -1/2 cup rice w/ 1/4 salsa mixture)

360.5 cal, 8.25 g fat, 43 carbs, 30g protein
    (These are approx as I calculated them myself on FitDay)

----------------------------------------------------------

Curry Chicken

2 chicken breasts, cut in bite size pieces.
    2/3 cup plain yogurt
    1 teaspoon cornstarch
    2 tablespoons vegetable oil

1 teaspoon cumin seeds
    1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
    1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds

Combine the above 3 into a small bowl before starting, it will help.

1 teaspoon ground turmeric
    1/2 teaspoon onion powder
    1/2 teaspoon freshly ground coriander
    1/8 teaspoon freshly ground cinnamon

Combine the above 4 in another small bowl.

2 medium cloves garlic, crushed
    3 dried red chiles, stems and seeds removed if less heat is desired

1/4 teaspoon sugar
    1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
    Black pepper, optional

In medium mixing bowl, whisk together yogurt and cornstarch. Set aside.

Heat oil in a 10-inch, non-reactive saute pan over medium-high heat. Add cumin seeds, fennel seeds and mustard seeds, cover pan with a splatter screen, and cook, stirring occasionally, until they begin to pop.

Once they begin to pop, turn the heat down to medium, and add turmeric, onion powder, coriander, cinnamon, garlic, and chiles. Saute until garlic turns golden brown in color, approximately 3 to 5 minutes.

Gently add the chicken, sugar, salt and pepper, if desired, and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked. Remove vegetables from heat, pour into bowl with yogurt mixture, and stir to combine. Remove chiles if desired, and serve immediately.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Turkey Chili

Ingredients
    3 tbl olive oil
    1 large onion of your liking
    1 green bell pepper
    1 lb to 1.25 lbs of ground turkey breast
    1 large can of whole peeled tomatoes
    16 oz. of tomato sauce
    16 oz. of water
    16 oz. can of kidney beans
    16 oz. can of pinto beans
    Around three diced jalapeño’s
    3 tbl of garlic powder
    2 tbl chili seasoning
    Cayenne Pepper (1/2 teaspoon=mild, 1 teaspoon=medium, 1 tbl=hot, 2 tbl=scary)
    Salt to taste
    Pepper to taste

Prep Work
    - dice onion and bell pepper
    - set aside 3-4 whole tomatoes for use later
    - blend remaining whole tomatoes (hand blender is great for this)

Cooking Intructions
    - heat olive oil over medium heat until a piece of onion sizzles when added.
    - Add onion and bell pepper and sauté until the onion is slightly brown
    - Add turkey breast and brown
    - Add all peeled tomatoes, tomato sauce , water, kidney beans, pinto beans, jalapeño’s
    - Cover, Cook over medium heat just until the chili comes to a boil.
    - Add garlic powder, chili seasoning, Cayenne Pepper, salt and pepper
    - Stir well
    - Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for an hour and stir occasionally

18. texchef

texchef Guest

Bump. Keep adding to this thread.

19. BlinginAssRims

BlinginAssRims Now I'm blaumped out

i made some of the bulking ones with PB, oats, whey, carb countdown and sugarfree pudding they were without question the best protein bars ever.

20. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

i made some of the first one on the list... still 'fridgeratin so we'll see how they taste tomorrow.

I have to admit that I just haphazardly added the various ingredients as I saw fit and didn't follow the recipe. But it's basically some skim milk, PB (probably put way too much), lots of whey, and oatmeal.

21. b21bballer

b21bballer Active Member

I've been making the cutting bars for a while now..I like em.

22. Limp_Brisket

Limp_Brisket New Member

i just mixed together a batch of the cutting ones right now. I used ON's vanilla ice cream whey protein, although i'm a bit curious about the 8 scoops. not all scoops are the same size, and mine seemed kinda big so i only put 7 scoops.

they're in the fridge right now, we'll see how they end up tommorow.

23. cura

cura New Member

:bigthumb: great post. I think I may try cooking.. :)

24. Limp_Brisket

Limp_Brisket New Member

hrmm, well i pulled my cutting bars out of the fridge this morning and they are still more like a paste than a bar... i hope they get harder otherwise they're no good!

25. b21bballer

b21bballer Active Member

Mine always stay like a paste. :hs:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.