SRS recent problems gettin to be too much

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by tha_prowler, Sep 18, 2005.

1. tha_prowler

tha_prowler New Member

So me and this girl have been dating for a little over 3 months now, but it feels like we've known each other much longer. I am a freshman in college and she a senior in hs. The only time I get to see her is on the weekends, but I also like to spend time with my family on the weekends. I gave my virginity to her thinking that we had something real special and that we would be together for a long time. Sometimes I want to just to end it so I dont have to worry about keeping our relationship together, but when I think about how much i love her, it just makes me frustrated. To add to it, my parents dont like her or her parents. They think we spend to much time together and are to young to get attatched. Part of me knows they are right, but the other part knows I love her and dont want it to be this way. I really care about my parents and dont want to hurt them either. With school, I dont get to see much of anyone. and on top of things, I am now without a car which is going to make things worse. I am really confused and frustrated, as well as she. Any comments or suggestions would we welcome. If not, just thanks for listening.

2. individual

individual New Member

You have to weigh out your options and consider your best route to go. As you should know, once she graduates from high school expect more tribulations to follow since her life will be changing onto a higher scale and the relationship might end there. In addition, look at it from a different angle, is she keeping you around to brag about her “college” boyfriend or does she really appreciate you. Does she know you were her first?

3. tha_prowler

tha_prowler New Member

i know she does appreciate me, n care about me. thats one of the reasons im staying w/ her, b/c i know it would be hard to find some1 that cares about me as much as she does. i was interested in a long term relationship, but didnt take into consideration the whole college thing. now if i end this, it would be a while before i could settle down w/ some1 serious

4. Tenma

Tenma Hell, you can even call me the Flame Alchemist. Wh

Well, you don't want to settle down just yet, being a freshman in college and all. My girlfriend dated her ex throughout college and when he asked her to marry him, she said no and left. I guess it's one of those things where you have to wait and see. See how she copes with your situation of not having a car. See if she wants to stay with you; if she does, then do everything you can to hang on to her, because that's someone truly special. With you two being so young, it's gonna be difficult, no lie. But that doesn't make it impossible. Is she going to college herself?

5. tha_prowler

tha_prowler New Member

she will be going to college, but she will be going to community college n will still be staying at home. i only like an hour away so its not tooo far, but both of us being stuck (no car) is hard. i want to be able to work this out, but sometimes it just seems to be in vain

6. Tenma

Tenma Hell, you can even call me the Flame Alchemist. Wh

Yeah, unfortunately, logistics go a long way toward destroying relationships. I didn't have a car at your age; hell, until I was 22. One girl I used to date called me a scrub behind my back. Suffice it to say I've vastly improved since then, and I could give a damn whatever happened to her. Petty things can grow into huge problems, especially around the high-school/college period. Next time you see each other, you should probably have an honest talk about the whole thing. The less mystery and ambiguity surrounding the whole situation, the better you two will be able to work things out.

7. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

I think your parents are being too controlling, but you have to be skeptical of your feelings for this girl especially since they're so strong so soon. Sometimes life does a really good job of pushing you down the wrong path.

8. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

I myself i would persist, let love keep you to together, despite what your parents think about the other parents , that's their problem, and you shouldn't let that stain your own life. You want her , and you can make something beautifull out of this relationship if you keep investing in it. You always get stuff thrown at you in life, you just have to step over those obstacles , as long as its do able i would persist.

9. individual

individual New Member

:werd: small things paint a big picture.

:werd:

My word of advice, don’t introduce to her the idea of you asking something serious like that at point blank range. Presenting the question along the lines of, "I have something to ask you" or, "I have a serious question", it will make her drop dead nervous. Just pop it in out of no where, make it somewhere secluded with not that many distractions, like the park, not the drive through at McDonalds. Once she says something like her stomach hurts or something like that avoid the question hence, you already lost.

This is your first girlfriend?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2005
  10. MikeYOX

MikeYOX May 2000 account: DELETED :(

Who gives a crap what parents think of your relationship? is she hurting you in some way? Does she hit you with frying pans? Do you get drunk and beat her? If not, then her and your parents are just being critical, and it is nothing to be concerned with. They weren't perfect lovers when they were her age, and neither will you be.

I agree with Tenma. Drop the ambiguity and the drama, and have yourselves a real genuine talk coming straight out with eachother.

11. prowler09

prowler09 New Member

we talked about it and decied to work on it. no this is not my first gf, but this is my first serious relationship. my parents think i am too young to be serious about someone. and no, she doesnt hurt me or anything, she just seems to be overly attached sometimes, and plus she is pms'n so that may be part of it.