Recent New Movies I've seen

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Muffin Man, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Muffin Man

Muffin Man New Member

Untraceable - Movie was decent until they reveal who the killer is halfway through and then the last about 20 minutes are just complete garbage. Plus the last shot before the credits roll made me laugh my ass off. I wouldn't recommend watching this unless you just want to waste 1 1/2 hours with a rental. Death scenes were ok, but the gore factor was minimum.

Vantage Point - Ummmmmmm I gotta say I actually enjoyed it except for that fucking clock couting down the 6 different points of view every time. Wasn't there suppossed to be 8 points of view though? It was a different movie and not a typical hollywood blockbuster. One thing I hated is they kinda just fucking threw away some of the characters towards the end of the movie after building up to this suppossed climax. Oh yeah, the criminals did something so retarded at the end that really just ruined the movie for me.

Definitely Maybe - Was actually a really good movie. I wouldn't call it a chick flick at all it was actually an interesting look at how relationships go over the years, and how you seem to always run into your exes and the shit that happens with them. I'd definitely recommend this to watch with an SO :x:

Semi Pro - I haven't watched the whole movie yet, looked kinda mediocre, but i'll post a review when i'm done.

Rambo - Ahahahahah seriously I fucking loved this movie, this was just a fucking great times at the movies. The first 30 minutes is kinda slow, but they limit Sly's lines to a minimum so it doesn't get to cheesy. Basically the last 40 minutes is just Rambo doing what Rambo was born to do. Damn there is some pretty gruesome shit in here, but anyone who is a fan of Rambo or good ole 80's action flick would love this movie.

Jumper - Holy pile of crap in milk, that was probably the shortest movie I have ever seen. The special effects are top notch, but ummmm it seems like they left half the movie on the cutting room floor. Seriously Diane Lane is in it for like 2 scenes then she has like a big part at the very end, wtf gay much?

Be Kind Rewind - I love Michel Gondry and Eternal Sunshine is probably one of my favorite movies of all time, but this movie seemed to get a little old after a while. Jack Black was pretty much the best part of the movie, and he didn't get old in this one. The last 20 minutes kinda drag on at the end and they basically could have just made this a short film. Overall check out just to see them remake ghostbusters and rush hour 2 lol.

Gabriel - Holy shit, now this was a badass movie about Archangels and the Fallen battling it out in purgatory. I seriously would reccommend it for someone not looking for a typical big budget film.

AVP2 - Pile of shit, doesn't even deserve my review. In total maybe 2 aliens versus predator scenes. worthless pile of shit dvd rental at best

Hitman - It was ok, I never really played the video game at all but I give the movie a thumbs up for mindless action and just a chill hour and a half

Mr. Brooks - Pretty good take on a serial killer, I enjoyed it more than your basic serial killer movie cause it actually looks at his mind and not just how he goes around killing people/getting away with it.

The Bank Job - I don't know how this is getting billed as one of the greatest heist movies of the past 10 years, it was pretty fuckign dumb actually. I like Jason STatham and he was bsaically the only reason the movie was barable to watch. Just the fact that if some of this shit really happened, and these dumbasses got away with it the Police in England should all just fucking kill themselves. ( I KNOW IT HASN'T BEEN RELEASED YET BUT SOMEONE SENT ME A COPY OF IT LAST WEEK, NOT WORTH IT)

Cloverfield - Don't even get me started and that pile of shirt. Worst shot movie I have ever seen, seriously. The ending, uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ok cool let me get my money back for the hour and 10 minute pile of crap I just saw.

88 Minutes - It stars Al Pacino but I don't think has been released yet in the United States. Wasn't a bad movie, but it seems liek Al is one again playing the same character he has ever since Carlito's Way. Basically soemone calls him, tells him he has 88 minutes to live, because he put a serial killer on death row that may be innocent. The movie continues on with him running, saying fuck you to whomever, finding chicks he fucks dead, etc.... 6/10

I basically see all the new releases before they come out, or that weekend. The Red Carpet seems dead so I figured i'd just give u guys a heads up on some movies in case you were looking to see them. I know a few are old, but I just caught around to posting up the reviews. :)

Last edited: Mar 4, 2008
  2. MrBlonde

MrBlonde OT Supporter

I thought it was an alright movie, nothing great and not comparable to crank or any of stathams other movies really, i realize that it's based on a true story but it really lacks the excitement of other heist movies like crime spree, or even lock stock and two smoking barrels. Decent watch, but again....nothing real new or increadibly exciting.

3. MrBlonde

MrBlonde OT Supporter

I thought the last half hour of semi pro was the best, or about 45 minutes I guess...the rest of the movie really didn't have the other standout characters of a movie like anchorman, but i'll probably give it another watch sometime soon.