GUN Received my $89 pistol today.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Cannondale, May 11, 2008.

1. Cannondale

Cannondale OT Supporter

I decided I was done working on a failed workstation for a while today, so I called my FFL to see if my pistol had arrived yet. They said it had just came in, so I departed from my office. I got there and did all the standard stuff for the transfer and went home. I took the pistol apart and noticed the firing pin return spring was no good. :(

So I set about to find a replacement. Looking around I spied a Zebra F-301 pen that was out of ink. Well, after disassembling the slide (NOTE: There are many tiny pieces inside the slide, don't take it apart if you don't have to), I realized the pen spring would work. Problem solved, put the gun back together and it works. De-cocker works, safety works, mag release works. The pistol functions in both double and single action, score.

I went to put it back in the box, and something was rattling around inside. Well I dumped the box over and a magazine came out! I had the one it came with, and the extra one I ordered, plus an additional one! They accidently threw in another magazine, sweet! :bigthumb:

I haven't shot this thing yet, although I did buy a box of .32 from a local sporting goods store ($19.99 :eek3:), but I plan on reloading my play rounds anyway. All in all though, I think if it shoots alright it will be a fun little pistol.

I'm taking it to the range tomorrow, and I will have some pictures accompanying the details.

Last edited: May 11, 2008
  2. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

I imagine you know this already but just to be safe you probably want to order/get a real firing pin spring in there. If the spring rate from your pen spring is low (or gets even lower because it can't take the heat it will be exposed to in a gun) you might wind up with a gun that could say drop fire from a much lower height than usual.

3. Cannondale

Cannondale OT Supporter

Yeah, I'm going to the local gunsmith on Monday to get one. I figured it would give me a functional enough pistol to put a few rounds through. If it were a recoil spring or the hammer spring I wouldn't have.

This gun is more than likely to be a "tackle-box" gun, I will not be ever contemplating using this as a means of human self-defense. .32 just isn't acceptable when it gets right down to it. It would be useful against a badger or something along those lines.

Last edited: May 11, 2008
  4. Cannondale

Cannondale OT Supporter

Here are some of the pictures I took.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is the picture of all three magazines
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The only injury of the day, I just looked down and my finger was like that.
    [​IMG]

My target of .32 ACP and .22 LR. This was at about 7 yards. By the end of the day I was hitting clay pigeons on the backstop about 15 yards out with the .32.
    [​IMG]

I put all 50 rounds through with no issues of any sort. The gun was accurate when I did my part, and there is almost no real recoil. Not sure I will be trusting my life to a .32, but I think as a backup or a fun centerfire plinker, this is a good purchase.

5. Reverend

Reverend OT Supporter

The metallurgy on those things is crap. They're soft steel, which means that trouble comes with very low round costs. The metal on them peens and you are fucked.

6. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington nunc fortunatus sum

Wal Mart sells .32ACP by the way.

7. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

picture of the ammunition?

8. KIDRR

KIDRR Duck dog>* OT Supporter

So 250 rounds of ammo will cost more than the gun did?

9. Cannondale

Cannondale OT Supporter

Yeah. I'm having 500 brass cases, and soon 500 lead bullets sent to me. I'll be reloading them for about 1/5th the cost of commercial ammo.

[​IMG]