Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by baboymo, Aug 29, 2006.
....and as much as I hated End of Evangelion this scene was awesome.
It's all about GTO baby moo moo
Great Teacher = Awesomeness
But it ain't no EVA.
GAINAX needs another hit.
Any word on the EVA live action movie?
In for disappointment.
They don't have enough money at the moment.
I hope it's been scrapped.
Ah, I forgot about the live action Eva.
WETA is doing the effects.
This is quite unusual because I thought Anno washed his hands of the entire series.
You don't want to see Harry Potter and Lindsey Lohan play Shinji and Asuka?
GoS2 manga is pretty sweet.
7 years ago I would've cared. Now, not so much.
When ever somebody asks me how I'm doing I'll sometimes reply "God is in his heaven, all is right with the world."
And if I really want the face I'll start quoting Shinji during the Human Instrumentality Project scenes. That shit makes people
Has there ever been a successful live action anime?
EDIT: Not only is this live action it's adapated for an American audience.
Is that the one manga ADV is releasing now?
I can't remember ever seeing a live action anime released in american theaters.
I'm just too used to the cheerful TV ending inside Shinji's head.
I think so.
With all of its dependency on hearsay, and the resulting tendency for fluctuation, what can be said about the project with confidence (or just good faith) rests almost entirely on whatever has been publicly stated last by an official party.
The following statements were made on April 2, 2006 at Tekkoshocon panel featuring Matt Greenfield and wife Tiffany Grant. (Point summaries courtesy of EvaMonkey.com.)
* Matt Greenfield says that Weta approached ADV about approaching Gainax to do a live action Eva movie.
* Three "A List" directors that are also fans of Evangelion approached ADV about the project, not the other way around.
* Greenfield talks about getting their pitch package together and that "the first thing is Robin Williams talking about Evangelion", who is apparently a big Evangelion fan, and the appearance of the Mass Production Eva toy in One Hour Photo is entirely his doing.
* Celebrities have been inquiring directly to ADV about being involved in Live Action Evangelion.
* The director to be signed will most likely be the first to have room in their schedule.
* Greenfield acknowledges the uncertainty of the final product due to the nature of film making being driven by the director.
* The slug script was written by a well known writer who has written several well known sci-fi movies. The slug script will be re-written to fit the tastes and vision of the director selected.
* Greenfield acknowledges that the children will most likely be age appropriate. The kids will be picked and then the adults will be cast to work well with the children.
* Tiffany Grant asserts that Weta gets 20 times more email about Evangelion than Lord of the Rings.
* Greenfield says a director will most likely be signed by the end of the year.
* Greenfield says they don't want to make it for profit, but because they want to do it, and they want to do it right, and do it justice in the same way that Lord of the Rings did.
* If this film is successful , they will make another anime adaptation: Saint Seiya.
* Weta Workshop customer service manager Darren Reddiex stated "Currently this project hasn't been greenlit.We ourselves are very hopeful the project will go ahead as, given the opportunity, we'd love to continue working on it ourselves." when responding to a fan's email.
That's what the GoS2 manga is all about.