Rebound guy?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by sabin8401, Jan 8, 2006.

1. sabin8401

sabin8401 New Member

OK, here is my situation. I recently went out with a few friends, one of whom is a girl that I am interested in; she seems interested as well. The problem is that 2 months ago, she broke up with her BF of 4 years. How do I tell if she is really interested or if I am just going to be the stereotypical "rebound guy"? Is there even a way?

I guess I could just go for it without expecting it to be anything more, but I have had a bad experience with being the rebound guy. My first love ended up using me as one (of course, at the time, I had no clue that she was since I was so head over heels in love with her), which crushed me completely.
    :sadwavey:

Any and all helpful comments are appreciated. :wavey:

2. evolution

evolution New Member

"You can not base a relationship with someone on the hope that they will change into someone else. If the person they are today is not someone you want to be spending your life with, and if they still acted the same way in a year you wouldn't want to be with them... then forget it. You're in love with the person you wish they were, or you hope they could become. Unfortunately, you have to deal with the person who actually exists."
    -TM

3. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

Just out of total curiosity, what exactly tipifies the "stereotypical rebound guy"??

4. sabin8401

sabin8401 New Member

Y'know, the guy that a girl gets in a relationship with after ending a long-term relationship to make herself feel wanted and loved. Of course, the girl has no intention of staying with the guy - she just wants to feel good about herself after a possibly very depressing break-up. I think they may even be making a movie about a guy that is a "professional" rebound guy that ends up falling for one of his "clients." :mamoru:

5. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

When you let stereotypes (such as the 'rebound guy') define your relationship, it will be hard for your relationship to go anywhere.

6. sabin8401

sabin8401 New Member

There is no relationship, yet. I was simply asking whether there was some way to figure out the expectations that she has of the possible relationship. Since there is no relationship at the moment, talking to her about it is not an option. The status of the relationship is not mine to define.

Edit: I used the word relationship way too much in that post. My apologies. :mamoru:

7. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

You help make the status of your relationship though. If you go into it expecting to be just a rebound guy, then that is what you will be. I fully understand that there is no 'relationship' yet. Do you understand what I'm trying to get at here?

8. sabin8401

sabin8401 New Member

I think I understand what you're trying to say. I do not want to, nor will I, go into the relationship expecting to be the rebound guy. I just wish I could find out what her expectations are.
    :wavey: