Reasons you fight?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Kalypso, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

I don't exactly have the longest dating record of the forum, but one thing I notice is that in none of my relationships have I ever really been in a real fight. Even breaking up, everything tends to stay calm, I just absolutely hate confrontations and avoid them at all costs, at times the other party has tried to start a fight and I just never respond to it.

My friend was discussing his ex, and he said she flipped out on him once, and he kept his calm, and she said "I just want to fight right now and you're not letting me," kind of got me thinking.

What do you and your current S/O fight about? Past S/O's? One night stands?

2. FloppyCock

FloppyCock New Member

Is a disagreement a fight? A heated argument? Does a fight need name calling and malice?

3. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

I'm referring to anything that goes from acting like friends to antagonizing each other. A discussion is one thing, a fight is a whole nother thing entirely.

What causes you to go from acting like friends to antagonizing each other would be a better way to put it.

4. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

just say hey, whats your sisters number?

5. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Well first of all, couple's don't usually have more than petty/silly arguments/fights until they've been together long enough to fully be comfortable with one another. Most people put on a sort of facade for months until they let their guards completely down....that's when the serious fights usually happen because people are no longer worrying that their SO will leave them or find it unattractive, etc.

However, I am like you. I am literally now, for the first time in my life (in relationships) dealing with and opening up about fights. I used to avoid confrontation like the plague. In fact I always assumed one of the reasons guys liked me so much was because I never started fights. Now of course I find myself far less emotional than most women and try to be understanding about my partners feeling...but yeah, I still would either avoid fights and deal with my issues myself or end a fight immediately just because I hated them.

BUT, the problem with that is it's just not healthy! Couples can become stronger and learn more about one another by allowing themselves to fight over things. Holding back on bringing up an argument is silly, you will never last as a couple (and a sane human being for that matter) holding in/avoiding issues. Also, dealing with arguments by staying rational and calm is a good thing :)

6. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

by that definition we don't fight

fighting can be healthy

however i'm beginning to think that not fighting can also be healthy

7. Abomb

Abomb New Member

sometimes, i cause fights because im bored.

8. Madigan

Madigan New Member

Well there was that time he told me he wasn't gonna admit he had a gf on an online profile a friend talked him into getting...

9. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

Sometime early in my relationship with my ex-wife (before we got married), we got into a pretty heated arguement and she was mad at me about something.

And then, out of nowhere, something happened (I can't remember what) that made us both laugh uncontrollably and ended the fight. For about 5 minutes after that we were talking normally with each other and then, out of the blue she looks over at me and says:

"Oh wait! I am supposed to be mad at you!"

And I laughed cause I thought she was joking. Turns out, she was dead serious and like immediately her whole attitude changed and we started fighting again.

I think that may have been the most frustrating night of my life. :rofl:

10. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

I generally try to avoid fights, and allow both parties time to cool off and be level headed, or talk it out if need be; however it does happen that I may act cold or like a prick because of some random notion I'm building in my mind that has little to do with objective reality......