Reasons why or why not to buy this...1994 Camaro T-Top

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by retrofade, Apr 13, 2004.

1. retrofade

retrofade Guest

1994 Chevrolet Camaro
    Automatic Transmission
    V6 3.4L
    T-Top
    89,000 miles
    $5,000
    19/28 MPG (my Camry gets 21/28)

http://www.cars.com/search/used/cc/...l.jhtml?paId=144070546&aff=national&src=&cid=

CarFax Report

Any opinions and/or experience with this car (obviously not this one) would be greatly appriciated. We're thinking about going up to Fresno tonight to take a look at it. On an insurance note, its going to raise my insurance another $70 from $105/mo to $175/mo...very doable.

Thanks guys...

2. yer mom

yer mom Pelvic THRUST

way too much money for that car. Id be looking to pay about that much for a 6-speed V8 car, not an auto 6-banger.

3. retrofade

retrofade Guest

I'm not gonna be offering him $5k...KBB says $4,300 or so...I'll probably offer $4k

4. austynn2001

austynn2001 Guest

Reasons not to: 94=Ugly, V6, Auto, Overpriced even at 4k

Reason to::dunno:

5. apollo

apollo Guest

why would u want a V-6

6. retrofade

retrofade Guest

cause I need to get half-way decent gas mileage for now...eventually I'll try and drop a V8 in it, but the V6 will work for now.

7. TriShield

TriShield Super Moderator® Super Moderator

Ignore the V6 haters.

My advice would be to look for one with a 3800 V6 instead of the 3.4L. It's a bit more powerful, very reliable, and should achieve 30MPG on the road.

V6s are also less front heavy, and easier on insurance. You'd be surprised how fun they are to drive for people on a budget.

8. retrofade

retrofade Guest

got it for $4k...its a helluva lot of fun to drive too. Best car I found that I could afford (I've been looking for like 3 months now), and I needed to get one as I just started a new job.

9. Dannycam

Dannycam Guest

dude, for that, buy mine at 6,5
    www.cardomain.com/memberpage/470666 *update* new 480 watt sony amp for highs vs. previous 300 watt amp*

Ill even include clear front bumper lights, and new springtech lowering springs

10. PeRvErT

PeRvErT Guest

THat car's way overpriced. you can get z28s at that price. if you want the car for performance don't get it. The 3.4 is slow, very slow.

11. Los

Los Active Member

v6 mustangs and camaros suck.