TAT Reasons for getting piercings?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Turboed_2, Jun 30, 2004.

1. Turboed_2

Turboed_2 .

Whenever I get asked why I get piercings, people usually ask if its because its "cool" or something along those lines. I could care less about the cool part of it. This is where I might be really weird to some people, but I get my piercings done as my way to deal with emotional pain. Can anyone else relate to this? What are everyone elses reasons?

2. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

i can understand you there. most of my piercings mark a memorable even or a feeling I had at the time. Asside from the aethetics of it ( I really do just love the way they look) it's th eemotion carried with it. I love the high of the process. I love the feeling of heeling a piercing. I love the emotional release.

You aren't alone in your sentiment and reasoning.

3. Cherryfire

Cherryfire "If we believe obsurdities, we shall commit atroci

I had an ex bf say to me "I guess you just felt you needed attention.." when I came home with my first piercing. He was such a tool.

Yeah, the high and the process of getting pierced itself are DEFINATELY the number one reason. I usually have the thought, "Man, I need to pierce something.." followed by thoughts of what it could be and what I'd like.

4. Baby Girl M

Baby Girl M New Member

I just like the aesthetic aspect of the piercings. If I think it looks good, I think if I have it done I'll in-turn feel good about myself.

5. Generally I do them just for the high but one and a while I will get them done when I cant deal with things emothionally. One of my tattoos came from a time in my life when I was very depressed. I also love the way my peircings look on me and so does everyone else I know.

6. ronin11

ronin11 New Member

i got mine done when i was going through a rough time, and made a few major life decisions.. so its emotional, but also a remider of a particular time in my life..

im getting my tongue done soon and its for a similar reason.
    who cares what people say. at the end of it all, i do it for me, not to make the rest of the world happy :)

7. justmanson

justmanson Guest

i actually have gotten most of mine to see what level of pain they would cause. most of the time my friends would say this hurt or that hurt, but my worst was actually my ear lobe...go figure.

just for reference i have

4 10g ears
    1 10g ceptum
    2 12g nips
    2 12g belly button

has 6g tongue pierced with a 12g

8. pir8penguin

pir8penguin Guest

Cherry, your I've shared your thought process... it's what lead to my helix and my frenum. I started stretching before I got any piercings besides lobes, but something about getting pierced (and healing the piercing) is... soothing?

plus, of course, aesthetics. just because i want a piercing doesn't mean i'm going to get one i don't think would look good to me.

9. DejaVooDoo

DejaVooDoo *Jojo*

I love the feeling of the needles going though my skin, honestly.

10. Cherryfire

Cherryfire "If we believe obsurdities, we shall commit atroci

Meeee too! And the way my skin gets all hot and despite my hardest efforts and knowing how NOT horrible its going to be, I get all butterfly'ey in my stomach. Then feeling it pass through, with that moment of just having an bar sticking through your skin while the jewelry is prepared to go in..I even love feeling the gloves on my skin!..Its all just an awesome process.

11. dhs

dhs New Member

I only have my ears pierced, but it started on a dare when I was 16...

12. quick_dry

quick_dry Guest

I was bored

not an exciting reason, or anything 'deep'... but a reason nonetheless

13. fearandloathinginGA

fearandloathinginGA I love the little tacos. I love them good!

Just the thought of it is something that makes me want to do it.With my tongue, for some reason I always wanted it done and I got it done.The feeling of it and having something to play with when you are bored.I loved having my tongue pierced and it was enertaining to play with for me.