GUN Reasonable prices for Browning BDA/Beretta 84/5s?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Thunderbear, May 7, 2006.

1. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

Tell me, what have you seen around?

I think it would be a decent first weapon for the gf. What say you?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 01_Cruiser

01_Cruiser An American Classic OT Supporter

I paid $380 for my BDA, and it was used(barely). You can probably find them for cheaper. Dont know how much the 84's are, but they are both great guns.

3. Thunderbear

I was hoping you'd weigh in on this. I love the way your BDA looks, and would rather she have the Browning.

How would it be to carry concealed? I imagine its a tad heavy, but relatively small.

4. 01_Cruiser

If it's for your gf, I imagine that it would be a purse gun. The gun itself is really light, and I dont think she'd have a problem carrying it. I just checked online, and the Beretta 84 weighs 23.3 ounces unloaded. My BDA weighs 20.3 oz unloaded according to a postage scale i've got. Size wise, I dont think it would be a problem either. Here's some comparison shots of it with my 1911 and my 92FS and 92 compact:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Overall it's a damn good little gun. I've got the BDA, and my dad has an 84. My dad's had his since the early to mid 80's, and it's never given him any trouble. I think i got my BDA around august of last year, and it's never given me any trouble either, although I havent shot it a whole lot. It's got a 13+1 capacity, which is double what most other guns its size have. I'm sure some people may say that the .380 round sucks, and has no knock down power and all that crap, but unless you're girlfriend is going up against a crackhead, she'll be fine. The only part of the BDA that may snag is the hammer, but it could be easily bobbed, and it might even be able to take a rounded Beretta 84 hammer. I also prefer the slide mounted safety on the BDA, rather than the frame mounted one on the 84. Either way, I dont think you could go wrong.

5. 01_Cruiser

6. Thunderbear