rear speaker blown in my G35

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by idontgiveashit, Mar 16, 2005.

1. idontgiveashit

idontgiveashit I eat rice

i recently bought an 03 infinity g35 and noticed a rattling from the rear speaker i think it is a powered subwoofer, but im not for sure on that, its in the center so im not sure what it is sposed to be, i also have a 100k mile "bumper to bumper" warentee on it. I was wondering if anyone knew if it would be covered on that also?

2. dbman96

dbman96 Active Member

Oh yeah, they have to cover stock audio stuff if it breaks. I've had a few speakers replaced on a BMW under warantee.

3. idontgiveashit

idontgiveashit I eat rice

alright, thanks, but heres another problem...ive run some other subwoofers off of this same wire that this speaker is run off of...kind of a used them to power a line level, and since ive tampered with the factory audio system, will they still cover it?

4. veonake

veonake OnT poster, OT lurker

If you think you may be responsible somehow by messing with things back there then pay for it yourself. If you are positive it would have happened anyways, then go ahead and use the warranty and make it look like it hasn't been messed with by putting it back to normal.

5. IgnitionGSR

IgnitionGSR OT Abuser

if they won't find out lol

6. dbman96

dbman96 Active Member

There's no reason that should have contributed to the problem, but if you can creatively uninstall your modifications, it would make your trip to the dealer a lot easier.

7. Spartus

Spartus New Member

I would put it back to stock to be on the safe side. Some dealers are di*ks from what I hear!