really good deal on new speakers!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by ledzep73, Apr 14, 2005.

1. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

Ok, so I was lookin around, and I had picked out a nice klipsch setup with some RF25's and a big paradigm sub and all this good stuff, and then Chris (the sales person I was with) was like holy jeebus dude, this guy just brought this back, because his wife doesn't like the colour. The box wasn't even opend, and it was cheap as hell. So I bought this. Not bad for about a grand. I was going to have to get a new CD play and reciever for everything I had soon enough anyways, so what the hell. It works.

"this" is a link, but you cant really tell. so here ya go :bigthumb: http://www.yamaha.com/yec/products/HTIB/HTIB_DTX5000_1.htm

2. Ronin

Ronin Guest

For a grand thats a pretty good deal, sometimes i wish i budgeted and got something like that, but then I turn these beasts up and im like PIZOWNED!

3. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

I was gonna go wild man. Four RF25's and a big paradigm sub woulda been freakin wild, and about 1500 more than what I spent. Im not home that much anyways, so this is all I want. More than I need. The 1500 I saved is going to be some Bostons Pro's and a 300/2 probally :)

4. Ronin

Ronin Guest

im not a real fan of klipsch, not theyre bad or anything, they have that good "get loud and stay decent" quality to them. Paradigm subs are supposed to be super nice, im running 2 Paradigm Studio 20 v.3s, my favortie brand :)

This summer if i redo my home system im going to yamaha for my receiver, those are damn nice.

5. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

Yeah they are. This reciever is really awesome, it just doesn't have all the A/V inputs and outputs of their $500 ones, so it is freaking perfect for me. Alot of the Klipsch stuff isn't any good, I dont like the Synergy stuff, it didnt sound as good as the Reference stuff. Thats why I was gonna go with four of theese http://www.klipsch.com/product/product.aspx?cid=632
    , and just blast the hell out of everything. But the yamaha system really isn't bad. Now I feel dumb for buying it actually. Really dumb. It was just soooo fucking cheap that I had to. I couldn't stop, I felt like a woman, buying something just cause it was on sale. I shoulda gone balls to the wall, and spent my fucking money, and pissed off thoose bitches that I call neighboors. Fuck.

6. veonake

veonake OnT poster, OT lurker

You can always return it. Are you more into music or movies?

7. Ronin

Ronin Guest

you should get some big JBLs and an Earthquake Supernova Sub if you take back your yamaha stuff back, that should send fissures through the ground at the neighbors :p

8. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

I have had some fun with big ol' JBL stuff before. 2 A.M. I woke my neighboors across the street up, they called the cops. I couldn't here them at my door, I dunno why :wiggle: But they came in on their own. Not in a way I would have liked them to either, I was proud. They thought I was blazed out of my mind, cause I couldn't stop smiling or laughing, but it was just cause I didn't think I could actually wake someone up, across the street. I did a happy-dance.