GUN Real Fact on the Second Amendment...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Bigsnake, Jul 7, 2006.

1. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

Someone posted this in On-Topic

idk enough about the original writting of the constitution to argue any of those points... But sure glad he'll be getting it circulated to the liberal blogosphere (fuck I hate that gay ass word) so one day we can all be like California.

http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=2637456

2. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

He has to go missing

3. KIDRR

KIDRR Duck dog>* OT Supporter

4. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

What the hell did you expect from a thread in On-Topic?

And how do you give Cliffs on that thread. Ok, here are your cliffs.

CLIfFS: Thorgrim states a "Myth" about the 2nd ammendment and then gives a "Fact" that supports the liberal agenda.

5. Blind Prophet

Blind Prophet New Member

What an ASSHAT.

6. KIDRR

KIDRR Duck dog>* OT Supporter

KTHX I have NEVER cared to go into "On-Topic"

7. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

Good job clicking the link then when my first sentence was, "Someone posted this in On-Topic" if you didn't want to go in there.

8. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

I hate it when you people post stuff like that, I can only keep myself from writing something about 1/4 of the time. Ohh the time I've wasted...

9. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

Have to say that was a pretty damn good reply.

10. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

It's Thorgrim's stupid ass, if you type a :fawk: smiley, you wasted time.

11. Ludeykrus

Ludeykrus New Member

Wow, looks like someone really dug deep and did their homework for this piece! I'm impressed at their persistence!

The only one I'm sure about off the top of my head is "
    Myth: Well-regulated simply means they are not a roving band of outlaws, in fact, every law abiding citizen who simply wants to defend his family and country is what the founders would have called a militia.
    Fact: Militias were controlled by the government, and those who did not follow government orders were considered a mob instead of a militia."

There was the declared and undeclared militia. It was written in the Constitution, IIRC (don't have my copy in my back pocket right now since I'm not wearing any pants!), that the undeclared militia consisted of every able-bodied male from a young age to like 65ish.

I also don't like that he uses kinda vague statements and a few specific examples to prove his point, when they don't prove much. Such as
    "Myth: Even if the US Constitution can be twisted to be vague on gun rights, other state constitutions were quite clear in giving personal gun rights.
    Fact: The majority of colonies set up their first constitutions to prohibit large standing armies and did not even mention there was any right to own a firearm."

He justifies his opinion with "SOME states EVENTUALLY evolved their laws on gun laws (congrats; what happened a century down the road is exactly what we're talking about.....and also, in that time,the government has taken a HUGE jerk against its Constitutional chains......). He also mentions ONE state legislature ridiculing the courts for their decision. And? How does that prove anything? And that it outraged some people.

He makes some really good points that need to be addressed, but he's definitely got some gaping holes in there.

12. eWRXshun

eWRXshun hai

interesting read.

13. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

He can say what he wants. Just a pity that it'll never be him knocking on our doors with a surrender order in hand, wouldn't have the sack for that.

14. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

He's an ultra liberal troll, and one of the reasons I quit posting in DIACF.

He creams his shorts with glee everytime bad news comes out of Iraq.

15. Sssnake

Sssnake meh

Thanks, I had to remove him from my IL just to see what drivel he spouted this time.

He tosses out nonsense, argues back with nonsense, and then when you use facts and make him look like a retard he switches to personal attacks. Typical.

16. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

I'm always up for a debate but its especially frustrating when someone won't support their arguement in a way you've asked them to. I have asked twice for the MA law he cites with no success in getting it from him and I still don't see proof that if it was a militia based right the framers as a majority supported government oversight of the militia.

17. Sssnake

Sssnake meh

That's his style. He pulls things out of context or literally just makes it up based on his emotions and then when you ask for facts to back things up, he tries to do a bait and switch. Do it enough times and he will even switch the topic completely to draw you away from the original in order to avoid having to back up his claims. After that it goes to personal attacks.