TAT Re-open labret

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Dominion, May 5, 2006.

1. Dominion

Dominion I believe you have my stapler.

Dec 28, 2004
    Ok so about 9 months ago I had to take my labret peircing out (much to my fiancee's dismay) for a job. It has since of course healed, tonight I discovered that the front is still very much open and there is very little that I would have to poke through to reopen the peircing. I definatly want to do this but have a couple questions for some of you guys that have alot of peircings.

I know theres nothing wrong with self peircing but I want to make sure I go about it the right way, the way I used to re-open my ears (which have had a peircing in them off and on) was to get a three ring notebook, bend off an end, straighten it and just poke it on through. Now I know thats NOT the best way to do things, I never did get an infection from that but it always worked, was small enough that it never caused a big problem.

What is the best way to make sure whatever I use is sterile, there is very little skin that would be in the way so I don't feel the need to get anything special to do it with, I figured I'd do the same as my ear with the thing sterile as possible, sharpen the end and poke it on through. Then feed a 14 or maybe even 16ga post to just hold the hole open, after the swelling went down go ahead and feed in a larger post. The membranes in the mouth are fairly easy to peirce and heal quickly, I figure most of the original peircing won't play a role considering it was the outer part of the lip that caused the most swelling. And of course I would do standard aftercare, anti-bac soap and non-alcohol based mouth wash.

2. Lidia

Lidia Guest

I took out my nose stud for a few months and the hole closed. I missed the piercing so I tried to put it back in. I couldn't get the stud back in, but I could fit a regular (ear) piercing stud with the sharp end. I went to a piercing studio where they stretched the hole and were able to put back my stud.

It was very painful, but I didn't have to have it re-pierced :dunno:
  3. Buttons

Buttons Active Member OT Supporter

Feb 27, 2004
    Only what to make sure everything is sterile is to have it sterilized. The best you can do is make it clean.