SRS Re-occuring dream, what does this mean?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by cheet, Sep 12, 2007.

1. cheet

cheet OT Supporter

For awhile now I've had a re-occuring dream where there is some situation where I need to use a gun in self-defense but the gun doesn't work. It's always in a self-defense situation. I bought my first handgun (HK USP .40 compact )about a year ago and everytime I have this type of dream since then, the gun in my dream is my USP. Before then it was a different type of handgun but I dunno which.

When I say the gun "doesn't work" I mean I'll be aiming it at the villan and the trigger feels like a toy gun's when I pull it and nothing happens.

It's hard to say the rate at which this dream happens, but it's AT LEAST once a month and it's happened to me twice in the past week. It's really freaking me out that this same type of dream keeps happening, any idea on a meaning?

2. bigballofyarn

bigballofyarn OT Supporter

I assume you bought the gun for self-defense reasons, as a way to protect yourself from potential harm.

To me the dream seems to symbolize that you feel not ready to be in a particular situation. Something may be going on in your life in which you feel "unarmed" when trying to handle it.

When it comes down to using the gun in the dream or (being put to the final test in real life) the gun fails. You may be afraid of failing at something you feel unready to handle.

3. daneeyah

daneeyah Guest

I'd get rid of the gun.

4. Spike2k

Spike2k New Member

maybe your dream is telling you that you wouldn't actually be able to shoot someone :dunno:

i've been having re-occuring dreams that i'm killing zombies. probably because my job sucks and i feel like a zombie. :dunno: again

5. nehmia

nehmia New Member

have you always been around weapons growing up? are you comfortable around it in real life? go to a range regularly, make your weapon apart of yourself. practice safety and have nothing but complete confidence with your weapon. if you feel anyway uneasy, then sell it and take up another form of defense.

6. Jimeigh

Jimeigh Every rook and jay in the corvidae have been raven

youre afraid that the gun you bought for self-defense wont work. the fear is affecting your dreams. you think about this dream a lot, because it strikes at you hard- youre afraid of the thing youre dreaming about. and since you think about the dream a lot, the dream comes back.