GUN Re: M&P 9mm

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by wholefnshow, Sep 5, 2008.

1. wholefnshow

wholefnshow New Member

I figured I'd give a live a little feedback on the M&P 9 that I bought at the beginning of the year.

I've been so ridiculously busy between working 60+ hrs/wk & raising a newborn that I'd never gotten the opportunity to take it out..until today.

I had several reservations about the gun today because of when I purchased it and hearing about all the issues in regards to mag drops, FTEs, & FTFs w/certain serial #s.

I put 350+ rounds through the gun today & not a single issue. I put about 300 rounds of cheap ass winchester white box through it as well as 50rds of speer gold dot since that'll be my edc ammo.

I really like the gun. Fits my hands well, it worked flawlessly, and the other people I were with thought it was pretty sweet as well. Hopefully things continue to work smoothly. :x:

2. Cannondale

Cannondale OT Supporter

I had one. I got rid of it because it was going to cost me just as much to get night sights put on it, as I would have to pay extra for a brand new Glock 17 with night sites on it already.

The only real complaint I had was the finish, it didn't hold up quite as well as I hoped it would. Functionally though, I put 2000 rounds through it with not a single issue.

3. pimpofthenation

pimpofthenation OT Supporter

I've put about 1000 rounds through mine. I had one FTE in the first 100 rounds and that was it. It's my daily carry gun and I am very happy with it.

EDIT: Mine is the 9c

4. Slick26

Slick26 Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew

Glock 17's with night sights are only $100? Wow.

There are two revisions of the melonite finish, the earlier M&P's didn't have quite as nice of a fnish, although some argue it looked better.
    The newest models all have a new melonite finish. I don't know if they used a different process, or formula, or whatever, but it holds up infinitely better than the earlier finish.
    They've also damn near nailed all the major issues they dealt with at first. Most M&P's now have no issues at all.

5. Slick26

I've had no mechanical issues with my 9c since I sent it in for FTF. They replaced the barrel and it's been immaculate since.
    My gun doesn't care for Speer Gold Dots however. I don't know why. I've tried different grains, and even the specialized GD's for short barrel hand guns... but no matter what, my gun just doesn't like them.
    So I stick with Winchester Rangers, and I'm going to try some new Federal HST's.
    Otherwise, everything else runs great in my gun without any problems at all. And I've tried multiple different FMJ's and JHP's.

6. pimpofthenation

pimpofthenation OT Supporter

I run Federal HST and have zero problems. :wavey:

7. Slick26

They're next up on my list.

8. thegooch

thegooch OT Supporter

I lost count at 2K rounds. I've put Rangers, WWB, Federal HST, Fiocchi, 2-3 other no name brands. Boom everytime not a single issue at all ever.

9. Cannondale

Cannondale OT Supporter

When I traded the M&P in I paid just as much extra for the Glock as if I were getting night sights put on the M&P. I'm almost positive I had the earlier finish, mine looked quite worn by the time I traded it in.

10. wholefnshow

wholefnshow New Member

Some images of the aftermath

Old computer I had that I figured I could put to good use again
    [​IMG]

Poor frozen chicken :wtc:
    [​IMG]

Some other random shit that was out there...
    [​IMG]