Re: Installing your operating system

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by stefanien, Sep 29, 2003.

1. stefanien

stefanien Guest

Here is the deal.. I have some issues with my WIN 2000... I want to completley wipe it out and re- install. I know I will loose all information, and thats ok... How do I do this?

2. Ractoon

Ractoon Shibumi in progress...

Well if you have the Win 2000 full install you can just plop the CD in the drive, set the boot device (in BIOS) to CD-DRIVE and let it autorun.

It will come up with the installation and you'll have the option to partition your drive or reformat an existing drive. You'll want to reformat whatever one you want to clear the information from and let it run through the install and you're set!

3. stefanien

stefanien Guest

Ok sounds good... I have the Win 2000 disk so I think that is what you are talking about. Also I did have ME then I put 2000 on... so when I re start I can choose between the two OS... I dont want that... I want them all off and just the new 2000 OS

4. stefanien

stefanien Guest

what do you mean when you say set the boot device (in BIOS)

5. Ractoon

Ractoon Shibumi in progress...

Usually you get into BIOS by pushing F8 or some combination of buttons when your computer boots up. Details of how to get in it should be in a manual that came with either your computer, or motherboard if you built it yourself.

There's a bunch of settings in there, one of which is a boot order. Usually it's A:\ then C:\ then something else. But you'll want to set one of those to CD-ROM. Probably before the C:\ otherwise it'll boot right into the Windows you have already.

6. aphoric

aphoric Even if god did exist, it would be necessary to ab

When you are reinstalling, it will list the partitions, just remove them all and make a new one.