RCA's Lyra MP3 Player

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by atm2000, Aug 11, 2003.

1. atm2000

atm2000 Late to the game

I am thinking of getting a MP3 Player. This one's the cheapest with a SD external memory option.

The unit has 64MB base internal memory. Considering how cheap the SD cards are these days (1 GB = $250CND.)

What are your opinions on this player, worth while to get? Also, is anyone familiar with the transfer rates of these SD memory cards? thanks,

2. atm2000

atm2000 Late to the game

does the RCA player really suck monkey balls that much to evoke no replies? :dunno:

3. CyberBullets

CyberBullets I reach to the sky, and call out your name. If I c

personally the only mp3 players i would be is a nomad or ipod

4. dm33186

dm33186 Guest

the lyra supports 128mb card max i think

5. The Bastard

The Bastard Guest

There is a special article running in the currect CanadaCompute or WeCompute on some nice newly released MP3 players. I believe there is even a version of Lyra in the roundup.

6. Noxqcz

Noxqcz Guest

We got 2 models of the RCA Lyra MP3 Player, they are not bad pretty damn small. They also have FM on them, so thats cool.

I still think you should look at the IPod, now that thing is a cool mp3 player you can hold so much music in them it just blows my mind away.

7. dem_bones

dem_bones I was saying boo-urns.

funny....i've been looking to get an mp3 player too and this was my frontrunner. from what i've read, the lyra is pretty good. the only bad thing i've read was that the earphones really suck but you can just use your own. it has 64 or 128mb (depending on which model) and it can be expanded. pretty good battery life and uses only 1 AAA battery. also, the sound quality is good as well. i found a bunch of cheap ones on ebay. if you want i'll let you know if i find any cheaper ones.

*remember....i'm just going by the customer reviews i've been reading.

8. dem_bones

dem_bones I was saying boo-urns.

i think i might have found some better ones. i'll post when i find things out.

9. jeck

jeck New Member

i just bought a lyra last month. it has 128mb internal, and the expansion is limitless. if they make gig sd cards, itll take a gig. its simple to use and its really small. there is a 1500 mb one for a little more money.. but this one is fine. just buy more sd cards. if you own a pda or a digicam that takes sd cards, then thats more the reason to get more rite? the only draw back is, this isnt firewire or usb2.0. itll take a minute or two to transfer your mp3s or wmas but it really isnt that bad. if youre gonna consider an mp3 player, consider one thats expandable. or if you wanna blow a paycheck, go ahead and get an iPod. its not as small as a lyra, but it has 30 gigs... so you can complain about that! conclusion: i like my lyra.