RCA help

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Arc, Jul 8, 2006.

1. Arc

Arc New Member

I have an issue with my rca situation. My HU only has one output for the front channel and one for the sub/rear. I do not plan on any rear fill and plan on a 3 way up front. I have the 2 way compontents and I am adding a 7" woofer up front.
    The issue is I need one rca for the component amp, and two for the 7"woofer amp because it is a 4 channel being bridged.

Basicly I need a 2 channel to 6 channel rca. Is this something worth doing DIY, if so any links, or should I just use this setup: use a standard 2 channel RCA and split it between the 2 channel and the front of the 4 channel and use the output on the 2 channel amp to go to the rear of the 4 channel.

I have an audiocontrol overdrive so the rca voltage will most likely be around 7volts.

Any ideas.

2. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

what brand is the 4 ch, i know that my PPI has the ability to switch between 2 ch and 4 ch inputs. also have an alpine that has 4 ch in and 2 ch RCA outs, i just ran some jumper RCAs from the outs on it to the unused set of inputs at one point.