Razr v3 users, opinion needed!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Digital_High, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Digital_High

Digital_High New Member

My GF wants to get one, and she wants to know its pros and cons. I know that the interface, and OS is similar to the v55, but what other issues any of you run into? Thanks in advance.

2. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

not worth the money
    cant get insurance on it
    may be thin but it is really wide

3. Smahatma

Smahatma Bitch-Kumar OT Supporter

Pro's:
    -The bluetooth (1.2) is rock solid
    -Radio reception is superior to just about every other phone
    -Very good for tethering to a PDA or laptop

Con's:
    -Wide
    -You'd be a toolbag for buying one
    -If you're not going to use bluetooth for anything other than a headset, and you won't be using data services, then its overkill given that the other aspects are the same as the lower, cheaper Vxxx phones

4. ins3cure

ins3cure Old School Noob

The width isn't that big of a problem, much nicer to carry in your pocket than other flip or candybar type phones.

Cingular branding in the software sucks, but what's new. It can be re-flashed (at the risk of losing your warranty)

Camera is not great. Overall software for the phone won't blow you away but then again it's a phone, meant for talking, not recording a video of your life or engineering the new World Trade Center.

If she's going to get it have her check amazon.com they usually have it priced lower than local shops.

5. What does she need the phone for? It all comes down to that. However, that phone is 99% style, 1% substance in terms of practicality...

6. Digital_High

Digital_High New Member

Looks. She's like that just because she doesn't want matching phones with me. I would be happy w/ the 551 or Samsung D500.

7. imhipyournot

imhipyournot LPC id: 34280

there are way better phones out there for the price. They just arent trendy.

8. BlackWRX02

BlackWRX02 OTs Cingular Guru

The bluetooth is NOT rock solid. It has at least one major bug. You can only get it to ring with the Continental ring tone if you're connected to anything bluetooth. Annoying as hell ..

Reception is amazing with this phone. By far one of(if not the) best I've used for Cingular GSM.

The camera sucks. No matter how you look at it, it just doesn't produce good images (6230 is one of the best i've seen for a non megapixel and better than most megapixel)

As someone said, no insurance is available, but most reps will try to sell it to you anyway :rolleyes: (yes I'm a rep, no I dont sell insurance for them)

Its a motorola, its going to stop charging 1 day out of warranty. Just be prepaired, it happens to almost every single one.

If you use it a lot, the top half of the phone can start to wiggle around after a while. I've only seen this on one customers phone so far and she was VERY rough with it and uses it a LOT.

Not a fan of the keypad. Has a very poor feel for trying to dial without looking, but maybe thats just me.

needs WAY more features for the money, but overall a pretty decent phone, and down to an almost acceptable price

9. kalm823

kalm823 He who lives on hopes dies of starvation

Pretty much a v600 made slimmer and wider

10. frostedfrank

frostedfrank OT Supporter

not worth the money

11. BlackWRX02

BlackWRX02 OTs Cingular Guru

Update on mine.
    Had it about a month before they were released to the public and now its starting giving me a ton of shit.

bluetooth is acting HORRIBLE on it right now. Only works about a 1/3 of the time.
    Also, its got a very bad RF buzz no matter when or where I use it.

I'd be upset if I paid for this thing...moto's QC is pure shit