Rate this MOBO

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by elixir4001, Oct 12, 2006.

1. elixir4001

elixir4001 New Member

Last edited: Oct 12, 2006
  2. mdaniel

mdaniel S is for Shiksa

I wouldn't use ECS if you paid me. Its the cheap crap Fry's always uses in their mobo+CPU combo ads. Its designed to be cheap, not good.

3. elixir4001

elixir4001 New Member

hmm ok well thats good to know. Anyone got suggestions on a good cheap mobo that can support core duo, 4gb memory and possibly sli

4. mdaniel

mdaniel S is for Shiksa

Well good, cheap, and full-featured don't exactly go together. I personally use Intel boards. They're not the cheapest but they don't exactly break the bank and they're super stable and easy to setup. Asus is good too.

5. vwgeekdotcom

vwgeekdotcom Silver Surfer

You get what you pay for. You aren't going to get a great board for that money.

6. Anti-social

Anti-social We deal in lead

Why would you spend that kind of money on componets then even think about using a cheap motherboard. That's just wrong......

7. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Don't buy ECS. If you want a cheap motherboard, get a Micro-ATX motherboard from Asus. If you have an intel CPU, get an Asus with an intel chipset; if you have an AMD CPU, get an Asus with a VIA chipset. Stay away from SiS chipsets, they aggravate me to no end.

Regarding the desire to reduce cost by getting a cheap motherboard: remember that the motherboard connects everything to everything else inside your computer. A great motherboard won't make shitty parts work better, but a shitty motherboard will make all of your great parts work like shit all at once. As such, it's probably a good thing to get the best motherboard you can stand to pay for.

8. elixir4001

elixir4001 New Member

hmm thats a good philosophy...i guess i will just wait till i can find a pretty good deal. Thanks everyone!:bigthumb:

9. rsxm5

rsxm5 OT Supporter

As others have said, do not go with an ECS. They are one of the worst, if not the worst out there.