A&P Rate my purchase

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by tun, Nov 3, 2009.

1. tun

tun Active Member

http://www.adorama.com/BG055XBKB.html?searchinfo=488rc2

Got a Manfrotto 488RC2 head and a 055XB leg combo for $135 + tax at Adorama :o I saw this online and went to the store to try it out before buying it. It doesn't have the horizontal center column, but that was about the biggest difference between the two.

2. ASIGN_Baz

ASIGN_Baz New Member

This is the third time I have come across this adorama reference today. Each time I try to go the website I get a not available message. Is their site down?

Baz.

3. tun

tun Active Member

Worked for me a couple hours ago when I posted it, and just now at the office. :dunno:

4. asdfbunk

asdfbunk A Member OT Supporter

great price for a great head and great legs

although the horizontal column is pretty damned neat, not sure if you need it though.

5. tun

tun Active Member

Yeah I looked at reviews for both and the horizontal column would be pretty useful for particular shots, but it seems more of a luxury than a necessity. I was originally just looking for that head, and then I saw that combo on adorama's website. I got on the next train to Manhattan and bought it at the store. :mamoru:

This thing is kinda heavy at 5 pounds though. I hope that won't deter me from using it often. :o