MMA Rashad going to be succesfull in UFC?

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Gomi Bear, Nov 6, 2005.

1. Gomi Bear

Gomi Bear New Member

I don't know, I think he needs to work on his endurance. He looked dead tired in the middle of the 2nd round. I think once he drops down a class, things will be easier for him.

Got to give it to him though, he was about the smallest out of the heavywieghts, and he took the biggest one down.

I really like him, and I hope he does do well in UFC.

2. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

Didn't see him vs imes yet, but yeah I thought he did a good job in TUF. Only thing that I can complain about is that he doesn't seem to be a strong finisher.

3. Sammo

Sammo New Member

I think he was tired because he was trying to work against a 250 pound, 6'7 man in terms of strength when they were on the ground

4. damiand

damiand Proceed

If there is an "Ultimate Fighter" that deserves the title, it has to be Rashad. He got picked on, he was the underdog, and he beat em all and prevailed. That for one made me happy. I'm just not sure if he belongs in the heavyweight class. He would be a pretty big LHW, and that could work as an advantage for him.

5. FlyingNun

FlyingNun Active Member

he was practically fighting a guy in another weight class...they are on exact opposite sides of that weight division....but yeah he'll move to 205...they'll give him one or two gimmie fights...he needs to develop until then...but he's got potential

http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=2143302

6. chechen

chechen Brazilian Jiu Jitsu OT Supporter

yeah i agree with you. i think he just needs to work no his jiu jitsu more. his half guard was wide open. if imes wasnt such an ogre he woulda stepped right over into mount.

7. Shrug

Shrug Die in a Kimbo fight

i thought the imes fight was awesome. It reminded me of the difference training can make with a trained fighter vs someone who is just athletic.

he outweighed him by so much the staredown was laughable.

8. JustGod

JustGod New Member

He never really gassed in any of his other fights. The mismatch in size was just crazy in this one, though. He reminds me of Randleman in his explosiveness, but hopefully he'll be able to do more with it.

9. Placebo

Placebo New Member

I think he will do pretty well especially if he works on his JJ more and goes down to LHW.

10. woodchuck

woodchuck Member

Obviously we don't see all the training action on tuf, but to me it seemed that Rashad almost refused to listen to anyone. (except the one time hughes cornered him) Unless he learns to trust others he's probably doomed to wash out of the ufc before his contract is up.

It's just as well that Rashad won though, Brad would have never fit in the Scion.

IF Brad keeps the same training partners, he wins that fight walking away in one more year.

11. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

His hands aren't heavy but they're accurate. I think he could beat both Bonnar and Griffin.

12. damiand

damiand Proceed

Yah it would be very interesting to see him against either of those two. I think Rashad will improve greatly with time.

13. Gomi Bear

Gomi Bear New Member

Maybe Bonnar, I don't know about Griffin though. Griffin is just a fucking monster.

14. d0nk3ypunch

d0nk3ypunch New Member

I'd personally like to see him stay in HW... god knows that division needs more people.

I think aside from AA, he could do well against most people there.

15. Jeff Merr

Jeff Merr Elite Member

Doubt it, hard to compare a guy to other TUF fighters...looking at the division hes going into, and seeing how he fights, i think he will be slaughtered.

16. Acesn8s

Acesn8s The Deadman's Hand

Those would be great fights for him. I'd love watching those matches.

17. G-n-P

G-n-P New Member

I think what rashad said said at the interview after he beat Imes was well put. "there is a new breed of heavyweight and they are all built like brad, so i am going to drop down" i think at 205 he would be a lot more effective than at 265. If he were to fight silvia or arlovski or a plethera of other true heavies with finishing skill, it would get ugly quick.

18. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

I don't think he would do well agianst AA, lidell, or randy... but who knows.

19. woodchuck

woodchuck Member

With years of training he could possibly work his way up to be competitive with the Chuck's and Randy's. But make Chuck 6'6" 262 and Rashad will never compete. It's a wise move stepping down.

Are there not enough contestants out there that the UFC can't screen out guys who will change classes when they win tuf?