SRS rapid cycling bipolar

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by JordanClarkson, Dec 23, 2006.

1. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

Anyone else? I never realized how bad I was until recently. This new job that I have is really bringing it out of me. I get so upset to the point of wanting to quit, from the littlest things. And then I somehow end up on cloud 9 where I'm singing and even talking to customers in various accents.

The worst part is that I LIKE feeling this way. It's like an addiction.

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Stress factors can bring out the bi-polar. STABILITY is the key word.What you want to do is to bring your life back into calmer waters. I don't know what medicines you take(if you take any at all) but you have to take into account that the exterior factors (stress,harsh working conditions) can trigger your bi-polar disorder. So you have to work on reducing the stress factors. You know stability it should be like a line ------------------ , and not /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ , do things gradually. Be 'very very very carefull' with medicine use, remember that anti-depressants are symptom supressors and not problem solvers, as long as the root of the problem that triggers the bi-polar lies in an exterior factor, then the exterior factor should be dealt with asap. Consultation with a professional medical expert such as a psychiatrist or counseller is recommended.

3. hippechld

hippechld New Member

I'm also a rapid cycler - and in a pretty crapalicious job. I'm addicted too. I just had a month off to go thru a partial hospitialization program to get my meds straight...As of now, my med coctail consists of Zoloft 200mg, Trileptal (mood stabillizer) 300mg 2 times a day, Xanax XR 0.5, Risperdal 3 mg at night, and Rozarem at night. Ever since I've started these meds, it's like for the first time I've leveled my mood - honestly I do miss the manic episodes...I have a habit of going off my meds to feel this way. But for now, this is working for me. Good luck!!