Rant: I'm a beta!

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by MattThom01, Sep 8, 2006.

1. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Yep, you heard me! I'm a beta! And you know what? I don't care, because the amount of pussy you get, and being all tough and "head of the pack" is not the greatest concern of my life.

I'm just so sick of seeing all this "stop being a beta, be an alpha" crap. Jesus christ, seems like some of you guys read a book, then think it is God's gift to the world, and that it is infallible.

My main complaint is that you try to apply it to every situation...after awhile, you guys just sound like parrots.

So flame away. As I said in the thread title, this is a rant.

2. Lucifer

Lucifer New Member

Better than being a Zeta. :noes:

3. PFC Lowell

PFC Lowell Velox et Mortifer

:ugh2:

4. Tiberium

Tiberium Active Member

excellent post, will read again

5. MrInconsistant

MrInconsistant New Member

I'm probably around gamma

edit for a point to this post: i agree, a lot of people go around defining themselves by sexual conquest,
    but there are other things in life besides sex, dedicating yourself to getting laid sounds like such a waste.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2006
  6. Socrates

Socrates New Member

For some people it may be only about getting laid. Those people are called NERDS.

For others, it's about having a choice, and being in control of their own reality.

Most of the guys on OT who post about that stuff are just keyboard jockies, and don't know the first thing about it.

7. kilamasta

kilamasta New Member

Being "alpha" will help you in most area of your life.[that is career + relationship].

And if someone want to get laid that bad, they get hookers.

8. xinster

xinster New Member

since when does bneing an alpha male only have to do with getting laid...

9. pctony

pctony Alyson > *

What the fuck you arent beta you are gay.

:werd:

i dont understand all these people putting down improving ones self. fucking faggots.

10. Abomb

Abomb New Member

:werd:

11. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

:werd: "I think I'll just sit back and let the world float by; keep the same entry level job for years watching people half my age come in and get promoted before me because I'm not willing to stand up for myself and take charge of my career and life...."

12. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

A) Way to show great maturity with profanity and insults.

B) could be replying to a different post, but I'm fine with people improving themselves, and trying to get better jobs and all that. I'm mainly sick of people who are like "if you're not alpha, you're worthless, or a fag, or you just let life go by without doing anything about it".

C) For the poster who asked about "being alpha" only relating to sex....that's the impression that I get from various post here in the forum. Being "alpha" seems to be all about domination, being super aggressive about everything, and basically being like a caveman.

You know what, the above poster is a prime example. If this is what "being alpha" is, then I don't want to be alpha!

13. xinster

xinster New Member

This is the vag forum, so naturally, it will seem that way. Because a large part of this forum is to help others get laid. Because sex is a fun thing.

When i interpret your comments, i see something along the lines of "I'd rather not be the manager at mcdonalds, i'd rather be the cog in the machine that has no choice but to cooperate, because everyone knows there are millions of other mexican cogs that are probably better workers than me."

obviously being a manager at mcdonalds is nobody's dream, but you get what i mean right

14. bandwagon

bandwagon Copy/Paste

It's OK... 99% of guys are beta too.

15. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

How do you get that from my comments?

16. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Well not eveyone can be alpha.

17. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

I'm not sure what you're saying by this. If "alpha" is, at base, a codename for being attractive to the women you find attractive, how would that be a bad thing?

You are focusing on this theoretical "Roar! Dominate!" part of being attractive (kind of like Tyler Durden and my father), but if that really rubs you the wrong way, there are other people with much more genuine methods (like Juggler and a couple naturals I know personally) who get the same results.

18. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

That's kinda it. I mean, yes I'm for guys improving themselves, but it seems like the only way to improve yourself is to become "alpha". And I do understand that improving one's self-confidence is desirable, but on the other hand, I don't know if you can force it to happen. I think the tyoical beta, like myself can improve himself to become more self confident, but there's only so far I can go.

I doubt I could ever become what some of these guys consider to be a true "alpha male". And I just get the feeling that some of these guys have ingrained it so much that they would see a non-alpha as being inequal to a true alpha.

And like I said, sometimes it just gets old to hear the a same stuff spoouted off over and over.

19. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

So there's a few things here. You're rejecting this be-more-alpha philosophy because you view it as a be-broly-dominant philosophy, which you dislike. You're also rejecting it because you are afraid of the pain you would feel if you tried really hard to change yourself and then didn't succeed. You're also worried about whether other people feel superior to you.

You can succeed with women and utterly avoid the entire "Roar! Dominate!" mindset at the same time. If Alpha means, in part, succeeding with women, then it does not simply mean "Roar! Dominate!" This is a misunderstanding of yours.

Defensively rejecting self-improvement in general because you're afraid of the pain that you'd feel if you failed is no better than outright self-destructiveness.

If you were solid enough in your own self-esteem, you would not care whether someone else thought they were superior. You would find them foolish and stupid.

20. xinster

xinster New Member

your settling for being beta, which by definition, is less dominant than alpha

21. Jonari

Jonari Well-Known Member

How do you know if you're a beta, alpha, etc etc? Any links to show you what you are?

22. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

It seems that truly mature people find "alphas" to be annoying, immature, fratboyish, and rude. Seriously, if you're mature and compassionate, you're probably not an alpha.

23. kilamasta

kilamasta New Member

You are beta//alpha relatively to the people around you.

24. BradUF

BradUF Guest

So "king of the nerds" would be alpha in the group? So you could be like Im only beta in this group and move to another group where you are alpha.

25. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Does this seduction hierarchy include omegas? In a wolf pack, the lowest male is called the omega.

Just some random trivia here.