MIL Rant about your service thread

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by fintheman, Jan 4, 2006.

1. fintheman

fintheman I will ebay O/T!

Maybe I'm just on a rant tonight, but, maybe I can open this thread up to the gripers. I used to get sick of the people who were so fake about being "steller" and just wanted to monkey around like everyone told them they should.

My most hated word in the Air Force while I was in was "Outstanding" (The AF guys know exactly what I am talking about)

And the most hated phrase "The needs of the Air Force come first"

Did you ever get sick of whenever runs like chickens with their heads cut-off when someone "high-ranking" came in? The butt kissing?

What about "bullets" (USAF term :squint:)

I just thought I'd open this up for people to get shit off their chest. I always felt it was good to rant about shit that happened at the base when I was good and drunk with some other people and we'd open and have a hell of a good time.

Granted, we all came back, and would go back to work, doing the same exact thing on Monday.

2. Shaolin Bushido

Shaolin Bushido Sense Offender

Or not, eh?

I loved the Corps, in retrospect.

I hated it while I was in.(at least that was the popular stance around the heater in the shop.)

3. bloodred83

bloodred83 im in ur cost gard, savin' ur boatz

/ranton

U.S. Coast Guard > *

/rantoff :mamoru:

4. eter

eter New Member

theres always trendy phrases and words in the army ... "get into it" .. i swear the staff says this every other sentence when they'd yell at us.

anyway, right now I guess my only gripe is not having anything to do.. civ university rotp officers in Canada are really left to themselves for the entire school year. im not even allowed to get a part time job to pass the time, or go farther than 50 km from home without written permission. there are at least 20+ of us just at this university, so you'd think they could get us together at least a few times a year for some kind of training or field ex. next year maybe I'll be allowed to go work at one of the local reserve units ... but I wouldn't be getting any extra pay and probably would just be filing papers and fetching coffee most of the time.. so that sounds kind of lame.

oh well, guess I shouldn't complain, I make a lot more than what most of my classmates do working shitty jobs and I don't even have to lift a finger :)

holy longest post in my OT history :ugh:

5. Insdav3

Insdav3 Guest

If i could have changed anything i would have either a.) joined the Corps when i was younger ....or b.) joined the coast guard/navy/army with a nice MOS that could leave me in the tropics with good pay when i got out :coold:

6. Fearan

Fearan Guest

I wonder if I could do Infantry Officer ROTP. Although I do enjoy the freedom of being enlisted, sounds like a sweet deal. :dunno:

Is it mostly a COMMs thing?

7. eter

eter New Member

its for all trades.. of course you have better odds depending on which you apply for, but I'm pretty sure the combat arms are #1 on the list right now.

cliffs:

- 1328$ per month pay, leaving about 1100 on your pocket, depending on if you pay rent or live with your parents. all tuition, books, materials (this covers anything) payed for.
    - no obligations at all during the school year; courses and OTJ training during the summer.
    - serve for roughly twice the amount of months you are getting subsidized for (that is, months you went to school) after you graduate.

ex: i got in at the end of my first year in university. 3 years remaining, 6 months of school per year = 6 * 3 * 2 = 36 months, 3 years service after I graduate.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2006
  8. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

lack of mother fucking communication!

Last edited: Jan 5, 2006
  9. Accord

Accord New Member

SAY IT AINT SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lc

10. Cheschire

Cheschire New Member

:werd:

oh, and if I hear "Stay flexible" one more goddamn time...