GUN Ranges in Maryland?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by GuiltySparc, Sep 8, 2008.

1. GuiltySparc

GuiltySparc OT Supporter

hey guys, i'm looking for a public range where i can shoot both rifles and pistols. The range i typically go to in Towson is an indoor range and allows only handgun rounds.

Anyone from the area know of a good place? Google is less than helpful in this regard.

Thanks!

2. GuiltySparc

GuiltySparc OT Supporter

and then google was nicer to me...It turns out the Carroll County Dept are Rec and Parks has a range in Westminster by the name of "Hap" Baker Facility. I'll probably go check that out.

3. vwpilot

vwpilot New Member

Only place I know that is public and allows rifles is Cresap Rifle range, which is in Frederick area and then the NRA range in NoVA which is indoors and has a 50 yard rifle range inside.

That is why I joined an Izaak Walton League. They have nice outdoor ranges and once you pay your initial fee, its then free to shoot.

If you're ever interested in checking that out, let me know and I'll be glad to take you as a guest and you can decide whether to join or not.

4. GuiltySparc

GuiltySparc OT Supporter

Cool, thanks dude. I also found Cresap which is pretty close to where my buddy lives.

Where is Izaak Walton League located?

5. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

roll up to the 2nd amendment store in PA

6. vwpilot

vwpilot New Member

They have several chapters around the state. I go to one in Damascus MD, which is in the Frederick area. They have a trap range, an airgun range, two pistol ranges and a 100 yard rifle range. Once a member you can shoot any time you want as everyone is instructed as a range officer, so you dont need one on duty to shoot. Its a pretty nice facility.

I think its about $140/year to join. They do other things as well in regards to conservation and nature stuff, its not only about the ranges.

Here is a link to the chapter I shoot at and their 1990's homepage style website. :big grin: http://www.damascusiwla.org/

7. GuiltySparc

GuiltySparc OT Supporter

:cool: thanks.