MIL Ranger School

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by kazimer, Jul 2, 2009.

1. kazimer

kazimer New Member

Anyone been?
    I just begged my branch manager to send me to Ranger and Airborne after I finish up the FA24 course and the Captain's Career Course. Depending on when I get sent I may have as much as a year to train for it.

I need to gain some weight. 145lbs right now :noes:

any tips? :x:

2. AE x 11ty

AE x 11ty Guest

What's your height ?? I'm 6'5" 180lbs

I was gonna go SF option, but opted for plain infantry instead. Maybe after AIT I could get the chance for airborne.

3. Drunk Bastard Audio

Drunk Bastard Audio New Member

damn kaz...145lbs....definitely pack on some weight before you go, so you can afford to lose some....most of my friends who went and successfully completed the course all lost considerable weight while they were there.

4. kazimer

kazimer New Member

i am 5'5.5" :eek3:...im like one foot shorter than you :noes:
    i am glad you finally decided on what you will contract as. goodluck and stick with it :cool:

DBA:
    Yeah i am planning to add as much as i can but not have to get taped when I do Height-weight

5. burn__

burn__ New Member

6. MrRyan

MrRyan Gary Johnson 2016 OT Supporter

You met up with CPT Gerald yet?

lol @ Abn Ranger FA24 :hsugh:

7. kazimer

kazimer New Member

havent met him yet..the math and electronics has kicked my ass into submission

well i am planning for ABN and ranger because I the branch manager wants me to go to a division for my first assignment. i look like i am barely 12 years old and having served on a division staff before...the jump wings and ranger tab helps to establish my credibility before i even open my mouth :hsugh:

8. MrRyan

MrRyan Gary Johnson 2016 OT Supporter

No, It will mean you know jack and shit about anything technical and you're all unga bunga about shooting a rifle and walking really long distances.

9. kazimer

kazimer New Member

:o
    that too
    i just want the damn tab and wings for no real reason

most people outside of the signal workd dont even know what an FA24 is or what he does...i will just be that "weird captain on the staff"

10. fooj

fooj OT Supporter

It is a very, very gay school. You will experience some of the funniest moments of your life there just from being so delerious from sleep dep and hunger. And yea head straight to McDonald's and start pounding burgers till you go.

11. geekboy

geekboy Target Agent OT Supporter

what is your branch? Don't you have to be in the infantry/FO/cav to go to Ranger school?

and fucking 5'5" 145 lbs :rofl: i think you might have a problem with the ruck marches

12. Anyone can go to Ranger school. It's just a matter of your unit paying for it. Many won't, some will.

13. cossack

cossack Resident thread killer

wtf is a fa24?

14. kazimer

kazimer New Member

i was denied ranger school...no point for a ranger qualified FA24 :wtc:
    my base branch is corps of engineerr...back in 2005 I had a ranger school and sapper school slot...I wanted to attend the Explosive Ordnance Clearing Agent course at Redstone Arsenal...cadre told me I had to give up ranger and sapper school..as EOCA would qualify me as one of the Army's master breaching experts...gave them up and then I didnt get an EOCA course :squint:

Cossack:
    FA24 in layperson terms would be network engineer yet it encompasses much more and its really hard to put into words as each duty assignment has different duties :hsugh:

cliffs: the nerdiest active duty army personnel...finished my CCNA in apri..just crammed 3 years of undergraduate level mathematics and electrical engineering courses in about 1 month

now we are on graduate level telecom classes....they refer to it as a mental ranger school :greddy:

15. cossack

cossack Resident thread killer

ok so can you tell me how to get by the web filter?

16. Julius

Julius Guest

bastard. i plan on testing early next year.

17. kazimer

kazimer New Member

that would violate the acceptable use agreements on all government computers :o
    it was actually much harder than I thought it would be. if you dont have access to a lab..download a program called "packet tracer" it allows you to simulate all routing and switching