GUN Range report. v. SIG P228, Steyr S9A1, P3AT, CZ-52

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Thunderbear, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

Werd.

Somehow, a buddy got a P228 from some friend of his.. old German P228 with some burned out Trijicons. Used and abused, and still fucking sex. Smoooooth trigger, beat to hell finish, one or two FTFs, no explanation. Slide went forward mid-mag on an empty chamber.. that was strange. Failed to lock the slide back nearly every time on an empty mag, so weak mag springs are my guess.

[​IMG]

Erik and his P228

Steyr ran, boringly reliable as always, slinging CCI Blazer 9mm downrange with equal alacrity as Speer Gold Dot. Double taps are soo smooth with this thing :boink:

Kel Tec P3AT.. the little mousegun that could. This little bastard barks so loud, one could almost depend on the deafening concussion to stop your attacker. But we prefer to create gaping holes in vital organs, reliably. No incidents in 50 rounds of American Eagle, save for a hotspot on my trigger finger. If this little fucker causes the operator that much pain, how much more does the business end cause? :mamoru:

Erik, with an invisible shit-eating grin as the P3AT attempts to simultaneously beat the shit out of his hand and recoil back into his face..

[​IMG]

CZ-52. Holy fucking fuck. This thing is all kinds of fun. That 7.62 Tok SCREAMS out of the barrel with authority. Prone to limpwristing... I had 4 FTXs on the first mag, Erik, with a kungfu grip, had none. While I initially had reservations about having bought this thing, sending 85gr Prvi Partizan downrange at 1500ish fps dispelled them all. A+++ would buy again.

Gratuitous vid of Erik emptying the Mossy.... sideways. :o
    [​IMG]

2. Keesh

Keesh New Member

Any vids of the CZ-52? I want one :o

3. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

Nah, didn't take vids until the shotgun.. don't remember why :o

just buy it.. it won't fit your hand, it's ugly as fuck, it looks like conjoined sino-russian retards pounded it out of scrap metal with a rock hammer, but it's so fucking fun :bowdown:

4. Keesh

Keesh New Member

Well now I have to, I just ordered 3200 rounds of Bulgarian 7.62x25 a couple days ago. Might as well get something to blast it out of. I'm in need of a big pistol with some good kick.

5. Werm

Werm Guest

I love CZ's... awesome guns IMO. The 52 is a great gun

<---