GUN range bag?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by spankaveli, Feb 19, 2009.

1. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

i was using a cheapo walmart bag but after carrying tons of ammo back and forth it tore.

right now i'm using a bag i got at a ducks unlimited banquet. it's not bad but i'd like something more "range" oriented.

i'm between these two. the CED looks great, the Shooters Connection bag looks awesome too. shooters connection has a "Pro" and "Ultra" The "Pro" is $40 more (and only available in burgandy, currently :rolleyes:). The pro looks a little large for my likes anyway

Images are clickable.

[​IMG]

or

[​IMG]

Upon a bit of research, it appears the larger Shooters Connection bag is available elsewhere (other than direct from them) for ~160 in non-burgandy colors.

This is the "Pro" bag:
    [​IMG]

2. dpixel8

dpixel8 New Member

3. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

Don't be specific or anything.

I need a bag that can easily accomodate 2-3 pistols, 6-10 mags, several holsters, mag pouches, belt, ammo, muggs, plugs, glasses, etc and still easy very reasonably organized.

4. dpixel8

dpixel8 New Member

they have a Glock bag on there (or numerous other generic ones that have high reviews) for ~$45 + shipping. It's perfect. But check others as well on there. I think they have some Sig ones too if that's more your style.

5. bpa00

bpa00 New Member

I just use my gym bag. Granted, I also use this same gym bag for volleyball league which takes place in one of the local schools. Since I sometimes find spent shell casings in it days later, I kinda worry one will fall out of it at the school and cause an all out lock down/fiasco. I guess I should probably get another bag... Granted, I'm still waiting on the free NRA bag that I was supposed to get when I signed up last year after the election.

6. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

www.Midwayusa.com has a knock off of the shooters connection bag. Often they have it on sale for $24.99. I bought 2.

I got a CED bag I pulled off a prize table. It is also very good.

I like the midway bag for 3 gun as it's big and for 3 gun I get to drive my truck from stage to stage. So it sits in the back of the truck and I don't have to lug it arround. It kind of sucks to lug arround because it's so big and I put way too much crap in it. I also wish it came in colors other than black as most of my gear is black and it hard to find in a black bag.

The CED bag I have is green and I like the color. I can find my gear quickly. It is the largest bag that I would feel comfortable hiking stage to stage with.

7. jehan60188

jehan60188 New Member

wow, not every day you see a no frills site like this...
    bookmark'd

8. minus

minus Damn you, Damn the Broccoli, and Damn the Wright B

9. minus

minus Damn you, Damn the Broccoli, and Damn the Wright B

yar beat me to it.

10. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

11. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

one problem is that the larger shooters connection bag looks like it'd be too big. the $40 midway bag is roughly the same dimensions.

12. The Midway bag is great. The center portion is removable as well, so you don't have to carry around the whole bag if you don't want to.

13. BLH

BLH Member

I've used a Craftsman tool bag quite a bit, has wheels on it and a carrying handle if you care to roll it, can fit quite a bit of stuff and if your carrying it elsewhere to the vehicle, it does not scream guns. Back when I was shooting international style pistol I'd carry a spotting scope, rods, stand, pistol, ammo, and all other gear in it without to much problem.

14. jehan60188

jehan60188 New Member

15. It looks like a long purse with MOLLE straps. They even have a picture of a woman carrying it.

16. jehan60188

jehan60188 New Member

i know! it's like a tiny duffel bag;
    if my laptop fits in it, I'm totally making it my new carry on bag for flying.

17. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

I've got that bag. I use it for pistol matches. To me it's the right size. When you wear it like a sling backpack it doesn't look like a purse any more than a rangebag looks like a purse.

It's bigger than it looks but it's thinner than it looks if that makes any sense. Your laptop is not fitting in this thing.

It works well as a stage bag. I wear my pistol on my belt and use the bag to carry ammo, some extra mags, tools, etc

18. White Stormy

White Stormy Take that, subspace!

19. jehan60188

jehan60188 New Member

well, that's all the endorsement i need! time to check out!

20. ZCP M3

ZCP M3 Active Member

Another vote for the Midway USA bag. I love mine.

21. Calhoun Burns

Calhoun Burns ...and the gunslinger followed.

I just got one of those last week, it's a nice bag. I'm planning on using it as my SBR range bag.

22. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

23. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

That's the County Comm BOB. It's an okay BOB but I'm not thinking it's big enough to hold what he said he needs.

I just use a $10 black and decker toolbox from Walmart for ammo, gear, and tools, and whatever backpack or bag I have handy to tote the guns in.

24. no7fish

no7fish New Member

Got this one for my dad this past X-mas, he loves it. Has a ton of stuff in it, couple gun-wallets, brass recepticle, etc. Really nice. It is huge though and I wouldn't need it... he usually carries a bunch of stuff to the range though.

25. figment

figment New Member