Random XP rebooting during certain downloads . . wtf?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by DeeVoc, Apr 11, 2003.

1. DeeVoc

DeeVoc Heh.

Okay, so there are two basic ways I can reproduce this error. Sometimes only on certain specific downloads on IRC my computer will reboot own it's own for what appears to be no reason. It'll be caused by only one of the files I'm trying to get because others will go smoothly without a problem.

The second way this happens is only during certain torrent downloads and I'm not sure if it's coincidence, but it seems to happen towards the end of hte download.

Has anyone else experienced similar problems or can offer up some advice? Thanks.

2. DAN513

DAN513 OT Supporter

Have you disabled auto reboot on system failure? If you do this, it should point to the file that is at fault, and despite what xp thinks, it may not be a system failure and you may not have to reboot.

3. 04

04 Guest

:eek:

Holy shit, I think my computer does the same thing! Well its my server, and I connect to it through remote desktop, but it seems when on either irc or bittorrent my computer will freeze up sometimes. Mine would freeze up near the beginning though.