Random BSOD. Help!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by urbnkitten, Dec 3, 2007.

1. urbnkitten

urbnkitten New Member

My MBP was getting slow and I figured it was either firefox slowing it down :)dunno:) or it was just because I hadn't shut it down in a while.

I shut it down and still had the problem when I restarted so I installed camino. Shortly after installing it my computer started dragging really really bad so I shut it down and left it off all night. This morning when I turned it on I had the blue start up screen and I can't eject the disk that's in it to reinstall Leopard. :wtc: Applecare said take it to a store and have them get the disk out so i can reinstall, but I really really don't want to archive all my stuff again.

Any ideas?

2. Vansterdam

Vansterdam Clown on her...

my mac has had the permanent BSOD for almost a month now after i attempted to insall leopard. apple care is confused because i already reinstalled with archive and deleted applicationenhancer.bundle. RIP mac

3. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

when you restart, hold down the mouse button (right below the trackpad), this should eject the disk. turn it off, insert the leopard disk and try to boot from it.

4. urbnkitten

urbnkitten New Member

I took it to the mac store and they got the disk out using the method above then tried to install updates and run disk checks and everything. finally the guy said we had no choice but to archive and install leopard AGAIN. (i had to do it when initially installing thanks to clear dock)

I said I'd do it from home and when I did it I got a message saying it couldn't install some of the files. So now what?? Do a clean install and lose everything? i'm not stoked on mac right now.:wtc::wtc: